PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with my Canon 650D CAMERA PLEASE

carrie
23-11-2012, 11:10pm
Hi I have had my canon 650d for two days and need some help please. I was trying to photograph lightning as i also bought a Lightning trigger as well an australian one and i cant get it to take photos of the lightning. I dont know how to keep camera awake or out of hibernation mode and any other settings it should be on would be very much appreciated, as we have huge storm tonight and I cant take pictures:(

Bennymiata
23-11-2012, 11:26pm
Go through the camera setting menus, and you'll find something there about the auto turn off.
Just disable it and it will stay awake for as long as the battery lasts.

Just be careful though, because if you leave the setting in this state and you leave your camera turned on while it is in the bag, when you go to pull it out to take some photos, the battery will be dead.

Mark L
24-11-2012, 11:43pm
Had the camera for two day, should have read the manual by now.:D
Anyway, probably a bit late, but until you figure otherwise with the Lightning trigger, just half press the shutter button every minute or two and it should reactivate the camera (if it's gone to sleep). Plenty more storms in the future, so you'll get there.
Settings, manual, ISO 100 or 200, f/8 to 16 (you choose) exposure 30 sec until you figure how to set the camera with the Lightning trigger. That's how I did it.....http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?111217-Brief-lightening-storm

Oh, and welcome to AP carrie. Hope you get involved here.:th3: