PDA

View Full Version : Holga HL-N/C

ving
21-11-2012, 1:52pm
g'day y'all!

been browsing the net and ebay for lomo cameras and stumbled across this little gem. it seems lomo masters Holga now make a lens that will fit canon and nikon! looks pretty cool

anyone tried one of these?

http://shop.holgadirect.com/products/holga-canon-camera-slr-lens-hl-c?gclid=COPnjf6G37MCFYhcpQodagQALQ

they are cheap as.

Rattus79
21-11-2012, 2:16pm
I have not tried one.

I question the usefulness of such a lens though. I mean we spend thousands to get quality bodies only to put cheap glass on them?

I'd expect a couple of uses for it, but after that it'd get dusty and end up being just another bit of junk cluttering up the cupboard.

I never did get the whole lomo thing to start with anyway. :confused013

ving
21-11-2012, 2:29pm
a lot of people try to create an aged look in photoshop with thier photos, i have seen plenty on here just this week. rather than doing it in processing you get the oportunity to do it in the camera. holga cameras create a very specific style photo and i think if kyou are into that effect then an being able to do it with your DSLR without processing has gotta be a good thing.

Ms Monny
21-11-2012, 6:31pm
ummm, yep! I bought one for my canon. It was cheap and I thought I'd give it a go.....didn't really like it that much. Rather stick to my Holga, with film, instead of sticking a plastic bit in front of my 60D.

Actually, I will take a few pics and upload them on to this thread, so you can see what it does! :th3:

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see, nothing special!! It acts like a zoom, as I had to stand quite far away to get the wall and roses in the shot. I was hoping to get the apple tree in too, but I couldn't walk that far back!!!

It doesn't do close ups too good - see the chamomile flower.

ving
22-11-2012, 10:04am
fleabay has them for $15... think i'l use to but 4 cups of coffee... :/

Rattus79
22-11-2012, 11:42am
at $15 it's a who cares kind of moment.
Just grab one.