PDA

View Full Version : This is what has help start some fires......

Ms Monny
20-11-2012, 6:52pm
Well, some of the fires over the Fleurieu in South Australia, including a few dotted around where I live. :(

The first is right above my property....I was on the way to get the kids from the bus stop and I only had my iPhone, so the quality isn't good, hence not in the Critique area......

but, WOW, what amazing and beautiful clouds!

outstar79
20-11-2012, 7:02pm
Get your camera quick!!!:d

Ms Monny
20-11-2012, 7:06pm
Hubby just got home, so I might be able to dash out now!! :D

outstar79
20-11-2012, 7:09pm
Hope everyone stays safe, I know Rob Lang is in the thick of it in SA as well.

Ms Monny
20-11-2012, 7:14pm
Yeah, bloody lightning! We have one close by, but I am glad we are not anywhere near Pt Lincoln! Hope all is okay over there! They did warn Catastrophic conditions today, and they weren't wrong. :(

geoffsta
20-11-2012, 8:47pm
I think we are all in for a bugger of a summer. Grass is long here, and drying out rapidly. In the bush there is a crackle underfoot. I hope all stay safe. And after going through what Pt Lincoln is going through now a few years ago, where the fires got within a kilometre from home, and day became night. I know exactly what they are going through.

Dylan & Marianne
20-11-2012, 8:49pm
Yea Eyre Peninsula is getting hit hard at the moment - the clouds looked really cool but all I could do was admire them on the way home from work by foot lol

Mark L
20-11-2012, 9:20pm
I think we are all in for a bugger of a summer. Grass is long here, and drying out rapidly. In the bush there is a crackle underfoot. I hope all stay safe. .....

Yep, same 'round here. It's been calculated that we have some of the highest fuel loads in the state for this summer. Stay away lightening and idiots! One of the problems with lightening is that a tree, after being struck, can smoulder for days, and then cause problems.
Trying to educate some people to be prepared and have a fire survival plan in place is another story altogether.:angry0: