PDA

View Full Version : My fews seconds in the spotlight Stefan Carey

Stefan Carey
03-11-2012, 6:54pm
This looks like a friendly place, with rules to keep things 'nice'. Good job.

About me

Photographer since about 1970, starting with a Yashica. Have worked my through various brands (Canon, Fuji, Kodak), but always come back to Pentax for reasons that are important to me. I get a great of pleasure from (inexpensive) older manual primes with their wonderful bokeh.

We are lucky to be involved in photography today. It is almost impossible to buy a bad camera. The software in and out of the camera challenges us as much as the as of image making itself. But I try to remember the image is more important than the gear, something I think it is easy to forget in what can be an endless fascination for new gadgets and toys.

So what do I like to shoot? If you look at my album at stefancarey.zenfolio.com you will see (hope its ok to post my portfolio URL here)

landscapes
portraits
abstract
macro
architecture

Afterthought: cameras were my father's passion too

It was until my father died that I realised that he did only pass me his cameras when he found a new camera more exciting. While he was alive he was quietly passing cameras to my other brothers. He must have passed on 16 or cameras to his four sons. And I thought I was special. But I still have his Pentax KM and its beautifully engineered F50mm/1.7 lens. Still using it. He must have been thinking about cameras nearly all the time. A bit like me.

And the reason I found out about this site is something I will have to leave for another time...

ricktas
03-11-2012, 7:04pm
Welcome. See you on the forums

Cage
03-11-2012, 8:09pm
Welcome aboard Stefan.

Great bunch of friendly helpful folk here.

Stefan Carey
03-11-2012, 8:17pm
Thanks Kevin and Rick, a lovely accidental find I should think.

Cheers

Stefan

Welcome aboard Stefan.

Great bunch of friendly helpful folk here.

Kym
04-11-2012, 8:38am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Stefan Carey
04-11-2012, 8:43am
Thanks Kym will do, have just been outside. :cool:

Mathy
04-11-2012, 6:04pm
Welcome Stefan, I enjoyed reading the rules too :) Lovely story about your Dad passing on cameras to you. Enjoy your stay, cheers Deb

Stefan Carey
04-11-2012, 8:15pm
Thank you Deb. :)

xxdrakexx
05-11-2012, 12:14am
Hi welcome to AP :)

Stefan Carey
05-11-2012, 6:19pm
Thanks Jim, I have already seen some your work here, great stuff.

cheers

Stefan