PDA

View Full Version : (Not so) Smart Car, Paris 2012

William W
17-10-2012, 1:34pm
http://gallery.photo.net/photo/16524354-md.jpg

WW

Mary Anne
17-10-2012, 1:55pm
That put smile on my face as I had seen similar though not quite as squashed outside our Nephews flat in London in 2010
What you mean you did not hang around to see how it got out :D

junqbox
17-10-2012, 1:57pm
All you need is a forklift. ;-)

Seriously, not sure why they didn't park rear to kerb, as I saw one in Pyrmont one day.

Film Street
17-10-2012, 2:33pm
Moiré

ricktas
17-10-2012, 3:02pm
? - is this your photo William? AP rules do not allow photos that you do not own copyright over, being placed on the site

William W
17-10-2012, 4:23pm
? - is this your photo William? AP rules do not allow photos that you do not own copyright over, being placed on the site

Rick,

Yes, Firtsly I made this photograph a few weeks ago.
and also I personally own the copyright to it.

I arrived back in Aus. last week and I was sitting editing shots and I answered a couple of CC requests on the beginner’s forum here to break the monotony of editing and cataloguing image files . . . and I came across this Smart Car Image I made a few weeks ago and whilst I was on the forum I thought it was very funny - so I wanted to share it here.

Was that a general reminder as you thought might not have known the rules: or is there some suspicion which has been raised regarding the images I have posted on this forum today and also previously?

Thanks,

WW

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the comments - glad you laughed

That put smile on my face as I had seen similar though not quite as squashed outside our Nephews flat in London in 2010
What you mean you did not hang around to see how it got out

I had an Apartment in Paris and it was parked like that for three days. On the fourth morning it was gone, but so was the white van parked in front of it.

Moiré

yes - Fantastic isn't it? I love that too.

Technical: EOS 5D and 24 ~ 105F/4L IS USM.
Shooting: FL =24mm; F/4 @ 1/30s @ ISO200; Manual; HH IS-on; AWB.

The 5D is an ‘Amore Magnet’ for Moiré – a PITA with some Men’s Shiny Grey Suits

Seriously, not sure why they didn't park rear to kerb, as I saw one in Pyrmont one day.

Yes.
Mostly all Smart Cars parked 'Rear to Kerb' - but photographing one of them would not have been any fun.

WW

old dog
17-10-2012, 5:34pm
this happens all over the place in Paris....saw it when we were there a year ago. Must be a nightmare mostimes to find the other drivers to move the cars.

ricktas
17-10-2012, 7:23pm
My post was a reflection of a query from members about the possibility that the photo displayed was not taken by yourself. Merely doing my job! Thanks for the clarifying reply.

William W
18-10-2012, 8:12am
. . . a reflection of a query from members about the possibility that the photo displayed was not taken by yourself.

“Members” (plural) that’s interesting!

Your question was read by me as a simple question.
Hence my direct questions to you enquiring about the source and also that is why I supplied a lot of subsequent detail about the shot and the preceding to it.

Thank you for responding to my questions.

I have another (on another topic) which I think is quite funny also - I should have time to dig it out of the back-up file drive after this morning's tute and I'll post it . . .

WW