PDA

View Full Version : Another Newbie signing up

Philih
15-10-2012, 10:30pm
Hello Everyone,

Ok a little about myself. A few years ago I went backpacking around the world. When I started I didn't even own a camera, but as I saw more amazing places and events it became more important to me to try and capture the things I was seeing. I used to think a picture was a picture until I tried to faithfully capture what my eyes saw. From those cameraless beginnings I've developed a bit of a facination with photography. Sometimes I see a picture of a place and think "that's beautiful, I have to get there". That's what I want out of my photography.
I'm really into landscape and cityscape photography the most.
I have pretty good gear now(canon 5D mark iii + L series lenses) but still think very much of myself as a beginner. Just a beginner that is good at saving.
Anyway, I don't know anyone who's into photography so looking forward to some guidance.

Phil.

Mary Anne
15-10-2012, 11:15pm
Hello Phil and Welcome to AP..Backpacking around the world WOW that would have been exciting.
Great gear you have there, I will look forward to seeing what you post on the forums.

rwg717
15-10-2012, 11:46pm
Cheers Phil and welcome to AP:)
Richard

xxdrakexx
16-10-2012, 12:17am
Hi welcome to AP :) backpacking :D hmmmmm

ricktas
16-10-2012, 6:26am
Welcome aboard, show us some of your photos soon.

Wayne63
16-10-2012, 7:21am
Welcome to AP Phil, enjoy the site and see you around the forums

Kym
16-10-2012, 9:07am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

dbose
16-10-2012, 11:39am
Hi and welcome to AP. Where are you from? I am from Brisbane and occasionally we organise meetups in and around for landscape shoots - fun way to meet a lot of talented people.

Mark L
16-10-2012, 10:52pm
G'day and welcome to AP Phil.

Anyway, I don't know anyone who's into photography so ........

Now you do, it will happen here if you get involved.:th3::)

Philih
17-10-2012, 5:13pm
Hi and welcome to AP. Where are you from? I am from Brisbane and occasionally we organise meetups in and around for landscape shoots - fun way to meet a lot of talented people.

Thanks. I'm also in Brissy. The meet ups sound great, let me know!