PDA

View Full Version : Daylight savings camera time

Mark L
13-10-2012, 9:47pm
Does anyone take the time to change the time setting in their camera when daylight savings starts and finishes?
I try to remember.
Why can't it change automatically like my computer?
And of cause smart comments from members in certain states are welcome.:rolleyes::)

Danielle10
13-10-2012, 11:43pm
I do :) thought I was just being ####

I @ M
14-10-2012, 8:59am
I usually remeber ----- about 3 days before it is time to change it back again. :D

xxdrakexx
14-10-2012, 1:48pm
I never thought of it until i read this i just changed it :lol2:

Kym
14-10-2012, 2:00pm
Why can't it change automatically like my computer?
Because the day DST changes can vary and 'puters get an update of the DST schedule online, and your camera is not usually online.

fenderstrat1963
14-10-2012, 2:09pm
My mind is working very slowly today. I had time to think "I've never bothered doing that" before I remembered there hasn't been daylight saving in Queensland since I was a kid. I don't even really remember the years they had it here.

Kym
14-10-2012, 2:13pm
My mind is working very slowly today. I had time to think "I've never bothered doing that" before I remembered there hasn't been daylight saving in Queensland since I was a kid. I don't even really remember the years they had it here.

It's not the DST gap for QLD, but the other 20 years that's the problem :lol:

Lance B
14-10-2012, 3:45pm
Thank you for reminding me to set my camera to DST. :)

William
14-10-2012, 4:13pm
Cant see the problem, Just leave it , The sun did'nt start to rise any earlier :D

Ms Monny
14-10-2012, 4:21pm
Unless you are finicky about looking at what times you shot your images, maybe for comparisons etc, I wouldn't bother.

Boo53
14-10-2012, 4:26pm
I bought my A65 Body in November last year and must have set it's time correct to DST at that time. Didn't bother to change it, not thinking it would matter.

Went to Farina, near Marree in SA for the transit of Venus. Didn't think of it again as I'm not used to doing it. All my shots' of that events exif info is 1 1/2 hours out. "Didn't think" is the key phrase there. Better remember to change it before the Total Eclipse. :)

FallingHorse
14-10-2012, 5:19pm
No Daylight Savings in NT :th3:

fenderstrat1963
15-10-2012, 6:41am
It's not the DST gap for QLD, but the other 20 years that's the problem :lol:

I also ride a pushbike to work because I still don't think "automobiles" are anything but a passing fad :p :D

Xenedis
16-10-2012, 5:46pm
Does anyone take the time to change the time setting in their camera when daylight savings starts and finishes?

Certainly,

I keep a list of devices which need clock adjustments, and whether or not they're self-adjusting.

Naturally, my camera isn't self-adjusting.

I'm in Africa at the moment, and I changed the time on both of our DSLRs before we arrived.

I also change the time when flying to Queensland in the summer months (QLD is one hour [and twenty years] behind the rest of the eastern states).

One time I forgot, so all the timestamps were out by an hour. Annoying, but I survived it.

This morning I changed the DSLR clocks back to Sydney time (current nine hours ahead of South Africa) so that I don't forget. A dawn shot with a timestamp of 9pm would look a tad odd...