PDA

View Full Version : Having some problems with my lens - can you help?!

leanne0333
10-10-2012, 12:07am
Recently invested in a Tokina 11-16 pro II lens for my Nikon D5100. Initially it took a few test shots fine but since then I have been having some problems. When I press the shutter it doesn't work. The camera just won't fire! Must be something to do with the lens or lens camera compatibility as my other lenses are working fine. I checked the d5100 was compatible with it before I bought it. Do you think I have a dud or is there something I can try before sending it back to the manufacturer? (Bought overseas so its going to be a real faf!) Its so frustrating - missed some great shots as a result and was planning a sunrise shoot tomorrow :-(

Ought to add, i have tried resetting my camera, using manual mode, taking it off and putting back on again....

Mathy
10-10-2012, 1:44am
Only thing I can suggest is that you check that the contacts on the mount are clean :(, good luck, cheers Deb

ameerat42
10-10-2012, 11:32am
(I have put thick cardboard in the back of my trousers in case you want to give me a kick:eek:, but)

What's your error message? Does it have an "EE" (from memory) in it?

If so, then you have to set your lens to MAXIMUM (or is it MINIMUM?) aperture for it to work in (again from memory) any mode but manual.
Am (occasionally wrong, but usually just mistaken).

ricktas
10-10-2012, 1:28pm
Yep, if the lens has an aperture dial on it, if you have that not on the right spot, the lens will not work. Generally, the right spot is right to one end or the other (f3.5 or f22) etc.