PDA

View Full Version : Suprise!

Warus
08-10-2012, 9:15am
Driving home the night before last and this jumped out from behind a tree when I was doing about 100 and landed directly in front of me. I nearly went through the windscreen stopping. :lol:

Picked the camera off the floor and fired a shot off a one hander at 6400 ISO whilst getting out of the way. My 11-16 was still on hence the wide shot. I followed it for about 300m down the road as it wouldn't get off or let me past. Every 50m or so it would stop and turn around and give me a "are you serious?" look.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t9/warus2/roo_zpsd80ab5c7.jpg

GJC
08-10-2012, 9:48am
The hazards of Australian roads at dusk. Don't show the cops. You're across the double line. Not bad for 6400. Shame you couldn't get a longer lens on, but good thinking to have your camera so accessible, to at least capture something.

ameerat42
08-10-2012, 3:54pm
...Driving home the night before last and this jumped out from behind a tree when I was doing about 100 and landed directly in front of me. I nearly went through the windscreen stopping. :lol:
A good near-miss, Warus.:eek:

My story goes:
BIGGER surprise!
"Coming around a bend in a road cutting one night doing about 100 and one of these jumped out... No time to do anything, as it was about 2 m in front of the car. I heard a thwack, felt a shudder and the illumination on the road went haywire from the whacked out headlights."
Am.

I don't know where it ended up, but I was expecting an instant roo sandwich. Luckily, it didn't happen.