PDA

View Full Version : Nikon 35-70 2.8 lens haze problem.

bobbyv27
01-10-2012, 8:46am
I have a Nikon 35-70 2.8 lens that has the haze problem
in the middle elements. I am going to repair this lens myself
and I'm looking for people that have either done it or are
interested. I have repaired many manual focus lenses
successfully but this is my first auto focus attempt. This is
a great lens and well worth the effort, not only for myself,
but many others out there that have this inherent problem.

ameerat42
01-10-2012, 9:49am
I hope it works out OK for you Bobby.
Pull up a chair and tell us about yourself. Post some pics - I see you're listed as Advanced.
Let us know how the repair goes.
Am.

arthurking83
01-10-2012, 9:41pm
Let us know how the repair goes.
Am.

make sure images are provided(at least for my sake) :D

The only AF lens I've pulled apart was the 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5 AF-D lens, and that was relatively easy to do.. and put back together again and have it working.

The other two or three lenses I've pulled apart have only been manual lenses .. but in at least one case, sometimes their helicoids have been hard to place together again.

...... waiting with baited breath.

I @ M
02-10-2012, 8:07am
We have that lens and it doesn't suffer from any haze problems, if it did I would be simply handing it over to a reputable repair facility to conduct a service on it as repair bills aren't that expensive here and the lens is worth it.

It will be interesting to see your results though -----

ricktas
02-10-2012, 8:14am
I agree with I@M, why not just take it to a reputable repairer (even a Nikon Authorised repairer) and get it done properly.

N*A*M
03-10-2012, 4:56pm
i had an 18-135 with crapped out aperture blades. the blades were not salvageable. they'd crushed each-other and some had become dislodged. so i pulled the lens apart, got rid of all the blades and put it back together. now it only shoots wide open. but at least it still shoots.

good luck with your repair. go for it.

i'm considering pulling a 50/1.8D apart just to understand how it works.

ameerat42
03-10-2012, 10:17pm
i had an 18-135 with crapped out aperture blades. the blades were not salvageable. they'd crushed each-other and some had become dislodged. so i pulled the lens apart, got rid of all the blades and put it back together. now it only shoots wide open. but at least it still shoots....

Con[pat-on-the-back]ulations, Nam. That sounds like a good fix in the circumstances.
Am.