PDA

View Full Version : Experience setting a Hahnel Gig T Pro II

GoldZilla
29-09-2012, 5:01am
Hey all,

I've recently bought a Hahnel intervalometer/remote release system, and the instructions are a bit confusing. http://www.hahnel.ie/contentFiles/products/pdfs/manuals/Giga%20T%20Pro%20II%20Manual.pdf

I've been trying to set it up so there's a delay between when I start the timer and when it starts taking shots, which is the easy part. What's getting to me, though, is figuring out how to set up the intervals so it will take a shot every 30secs, for example. When I set it up on my G12, it seemed to take a photo pretty much as soon as the camera was ready to go for the next photo (as some of you may know, the G12 is a bit slow to react between shots). What I want to do is have it take a shot at defined intervals, not just when the camera is ready for it...

Ignoring the delay (which is pretty straight forward), I set Long @ 00; Interval 1 @ 30sec; N1 @ 01; Interval 2 @ 1sec; and N2 was set at -- (which I think instructs it to repeat continuously). Does this sound right?

Anyone able to provide some clues or pointers? I'm going to keep trying anyway (maybe using my 60D instead so there's no delay being caused by the camera itself).

Thanks in advance,
Nick

GoldZilla
01-10-2012, 3:03am
Anyone?

ricktas
01-10-2012, 6:31am
have you tried youtube to see if anyone has put up a tutorial video?

GoldZilla
01-10-2012, 6:46pm
LOL, I hadn't even thought of that...

Thanks, I'll try now. Here's hoping!

GoldZilla
06-11-2012, 12:08am
OK, it's been a few weeks and even after watching the YouTube video, it's still a bit confusing to use it. It's definitely not a device you can set up when you're in a hurry, as there are just that few too many settings you have to go over (in a slight state of confusion) to get it working as intended.

Now that we're getting warmer weather, I'm trying more and more to use it regularly to get a grip on it. Here's hoping...

virgal_tracy
15-11-2012, 11:43am
I have this on the Christmas wish list, so hopefully by then you will have a good handle on it and I can come to you for advice when I get stuck. Good luck with it (for purely selfish reasons)

graham68ktm
24-02-2013, 8:43pm
high goldzilla i own a giga t pro II and have been using it for timelapses , what i would try is to put the long setting to at least 1 sec to let the camera know to let a shot off ! i hope it helps you out ?
i have found the giga t pro to be a great timer and the battery life has been excellent so good luck !

bobc163
06-06-2015, 9:37am
Just found this posting useful yes, directed me to Youtube which does have an instructional video which gives a short explanation and guide
What I am having trouble setting is the long exposure when on bulb mode
I have set the pro to long selected 2-4 secs 02-04
and the far left numbers to 02 the centre are at 00
when i press the program start it operate and then starts counting BUT the centre display shows 59 and this is referring to the minutes of exposure :confused013
Have tried resetting but still no joy
any suggestions?

Mark L
06-06-2015, 8:43pm
I have no idea, but maybe try other than bulb mode.:confused013

bobc163
06-06-2015, 8:49pm
Have tried all settings but still no joy

bobc163
08-06-2015, 9:08am
I have no idea, but maybe try other than bulb mode.:confused013
Got it !!
tried checking the settings again and found that the delay was set for a 3 second time
That confused things
But still have to set it each time I wish to use it for open shutter time
Off to practice and try some filters out
Thanks AGain
Bob