PDA

View Full Version : Android Photography App : Photo Tools Pro

ricktas
24-09-2012, 9:09am
I just got put onto a brilliant app for android users. Photo Tools Pro.

Some of the things it has:

DOF and hyperfocal distance calculator
Field of view calculator
Exposure reciprocation calculator
Multiple exposure calculator
Exposure Meter (uses you phone camera to come back with aperture/iso/shutter speed for the scene)
greycard
GPS taggng
Weather forecast
EXIF viewer
Sharpening calculator (uses viewing distance and print resolution to give you an idea of how much sharpening to apply, for prints)

and more. So if you are looking for a good Android App for your photography, take a look. It costs $1.92 for the paid version (called the donation version). It is probably the most comprehensive App I have seen.

Rattus79
24-09-2012, 10:33am
installing it now. Thanks Rick!

gerry
24-09-2012, 1:44pm
yep very handy app, had it installed for yonks now, a few others that are pretty handy also are

1) The photographers empheris - photoephemeris.com/

2) Sun surveyor - www.sunsurveyor.com/

3) Aussie Weather Radar - this one is essential imo... - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.jtribe.weatherradar&hl=en

also if your on android, Google Sky is essential for those night time star trails

Rattus79
24-09-2012, 2:53pm
not Photography related, but the single most useful app on my android is without a doubt Llama.

Llama is just like Tasker, but free.

I use it to manage my wifi, on and off as I come and go from home,

adjusting screen brightness by time (ssg3's screen is terrible in bright light so i turn it up to full at smoko and back down after)

managing my bluetooth connections - Auto play music through my car on bluetooth connect and pause on disconnect

basicly, almost anything that you do repeatedly can be automated. It can be used to auto turn your phone to silent when you get to work and noise mode when you get in your car etc, and it does it all with the cell towers, not GPS, so it has almost zero drain on your batteries.

etherial
24-09-2012, 7:35pm
Thanks Rick, I have used this app before on my old phone. Looks like it has had some updates since then making a good app even better.

Link to the play store for anyone looking for the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=be.hcpl.android.phototools&feature=more_from_developer#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEwMiwiYmUuaGNwbC5hbmRyb2lkLnBob3RvdG9vbHMiXQ..

KevPride
30-12-2012, 9:52pm
Thanks Rick, having bought myself a late Xmas Android device today - I could not access the site very well. Saw this thread and wow what an improvement after downloading the App.

Thanks for the heads up.