PDA

View Full Version : Greetings All!

Notwen
22-09-2012, 8:09am
Hello fellow photographers!

Firstly, Thank you and Congratulations on an excellent forum!

I have been reading the "New to Photography" threads and already my photography knowledge has increased ten fold!

.....now a little about me, I am a Brisbane local and I've been interested in photography for quite a number of years, I've been using a Canon s95 since the end of 2010 and I love it! Great little pocketable camera.

It is time however to move on.....My wife and I are expecting our first baby in January, and I have decided to get into the DSLR arena (read upgradeitis). I look forward to sharing and capturing this experience through photography.

I am very blessed to have friends and family who have generously lent me their photography equipment, so that I can decide what kind of camera/setup I want before committing to a purchase.

For the next few months I will be learning the ropes using a Canon 450D (standard kit lenses). Interestingly I find that my s95 can pretty much do all the same things (ie manual mode capabilities).

Thats pretty much about it for now!

Looking forward to learning!

Cheers!

ricktas
22-09-2012, 8:15am
Welcome to AP. Join in and start posting photos, the feedback you get will be one of the best ways to learn.

Alandme
22-09-2012, 8:45am
Welcome and congratulations to you and your wife on expecting your first baby. My daughter is having her first baby in about 2 weeks and it will be my first grandchild so I'm getting prepared to take a few photos.

The forum is a good place to get a variety of opinions and help.

Kym
22-09-2012, 9:33am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

The NTP is simple but we think works very well -glad you liked it.

rwg717
22-09-2012, 11:17pm
Cheers and welcome to AP.....enjoy:efelant:
Richard

Homer
24-09-2012, 8:26am
Welcome!

I am a beginner too! The camera I own is actually the D450. 2 of my kids have the D600. I think there is something wrong when your 16 and 17 year old daughters have better cameras..... :lol:

You sure are lucky to be able to do a bit of try b4 you buy with others peoples gear!

Anyways, have fun here. There is so much you can learn here, and when you post photos up for CC, the comments you get are really helpful.