PDA

View Full Version : G'day from a newbie

lostock
20-09-2012, 10:59pm
Hi all,
Thought I'd register on here to expand my horizons! I'm new to using a DSLR, but have had a 35mm SLR for 15 years and still consider myself a beginner to photography. I hope I can pick up a few pointers from more experienced shutterbugs, contribute and as I gain more knowledge and experience I hope I can help out other beginners later down the track.

My first question I'm hoping some of you may be able to help me with is, I've been asked to help out at an art show and I'm using a Canon 600D with single battery. I don't think it will last long enough for the show and have been looking at buying a battery grip. the authentic Canon grip is in the vicinity of $200 and is not in my budget, but I've seen aftermarket grips for much cheaper. Is the Canon just overpriced or are the aftermarkets just rubbish?

Cheers :)

Mary Anne
21-09-2012, 12:11am
Hello and Welcome to AP.. Sorry I cannot help with your question about Canon or aftermarket Battery Grips I don't have either.
Above Advance Search up the top on the right side type in Canon Battery Grips there are a couple of Threads about Grips on the Forums.
If you don't find your answer there, start a post in the Camera/ Lens/ Gear Talk or the Canon Forum.

ricktas
21-09-2012, 6:13am
welcome to AP. enjoy the site and show us some of your photos soon. re grips you can get third party ones but the cheaper they are.. well the cheaper they are made. so balance cost off against quality when looking for one.

Kym
21-09-2012, 4:48pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
21-09-2012, 8:02pm
Hi there and welcome to AP:)
Richard