PDA

View Full Version : Canon EOS 6D vs Nikon D600 - Key Differences

William
18-09-2012, 7:06pm
Thought this may be interesting no matter what side of the fence your sitting as they say :D

http://www.photographyblog.com/news/canon_6d_vs_nikon_d600_-_key_differences/

ricktas
18-09-2012, 7:20pm
I think both offer great value for the respective followers of each brand. I believe they will encourage a lot of people to move to FF sensors for the first time too.

Shelley
18-09-2012, 9:33pm
Its just excellent for us photographers for sure. Amazing what is now on offer.

I @ M
19-09-2012, 3:02am
Both appear to be very good bodies and excellent marketing exercises at introducing people to larger sensor cameras and after all, both C & N are purely in it to make $$$ for their respective companies and on the basis of the specifications of the cameras it is no real surprise to see how closely they are configured and priced.
The only think that I draw from that article unfortunately is that 2 things that I consider to be key differences aren't listed.
#1. People are out taking photos with the N version today yesterday.
#2. People changing to the larger sensor body can still use their APSC lenses on the N version.

Sifor
19-09-2012, 11:46am
Raw specs of each suggest the D600 has it in the bag, however I don't think anyone with extensive glass for either brand would consider jumping ship. But if someone only had a kit lens or two.. hmm.. ;)

swifty
19-09-2012, 1:26pm
I feel the built-in GPS and wifi in the 6D will be very convenient.
Otherwise there's little in it, both very solid.
They're so similar it's almost as if C and N colluded to maintain the status quo. Sony's offerings are building from strength to strength and the majority of growth is in mirrorless.
So I guess getting their huge APS-C user base to upgrade will provide much needed growth in the DSLR segment and hence revenue for C and N, especially considering the eroding P&S low end market.
Incidentally both C and N are late entries to mirrorless and neither offer very compelling products there currently.

zollo
19-09-2012, 1:54pm
Will come down to what glass you already own, I feel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD