PDA

View Full Version : Photo Challenge: The town I live in.

Pobbs
28-08-2012, 10:49pm
Apologies if this has been posted in the incorrect forum. I cannot see forum descriptions using Tapatalk.

Anyone want to join me on a bit of a photography journey?

I'm starting a new photography project to showcase the town I live in.

Sort of like taking photos for a pretend travel brochure.

My photography has mainly been my rugrats, so I thought of doing this to challenge myself.

Anyone interested in joining me? Or is this a boring idea?

ricktas
29-08-2012, 6:07am
If this gets up, please use the 'member challenges' forum for placing the photos.

Pobbs
29-08-2012, 6:28am
Thanks for that Ricktas.

ricktas
29-08-2012, 6:34am
The other issue for consideration, is that if you get this happening, you have to consider that a lot of AP members do not live in large cities, so any themes to the challenges may not apply to a heap of members. Things like 'graffiti week', when graffiti tends to be something that small towns do not deal with. So any themes would need to be fairly general to ensure members are not only willing to, but able to, join in on them.

Pobbs
29-08-2012, 6:28pm
I'm more thinking of not having any type of theme, the theme itself being to pretend you are photographing your town for a travel brochure...

But it might not be a popular idea...

Film Street
29-08-2012, 6:41pm
I like that idea. :th3:

Ezookiel
29-08-2012, 6:47pm
My goodness, where would I start? Somewhere as photogenic as Canberra would be a big job, and could end up being a whole string of cliched shots of all the "usual" places, so it would be a fascinating challenge to do Canberra WITHOUT doing any of the over-photographed cliched places. You have me tempted.

Schy
29-08-2012, 7:25pm
this is a good idea.. :) i think this will get me out shooting a lot more and let me explore landscape photography as well..

but i think it leaves a lot of questions.. like, how many photos do we need? or is it one photo a week?

Pobbs
29-08-2012, 10:14pm
One photo a week, I think would be a good start. Enough time to get a person thinking / planning / shoot / editing.

Maybe posting the photo on a Friday? Gives the weekend to shoot, the week to edit and plan next shot?

Pobbs
29-08-2012, 10:16pm
this is a good idea.. :) i think this will get me out shooting a lot more and let me explore landscape photography as well..

but i think it leaves a lot of questions.. like, how many photos do we need? or is it one photo a week?

This is my reasoning. I shoot my kids or other peoples kids and hardly ever shoot landscape or scenery. I need to broaden my scope.

ktoopi
29-08-2012, 10:18pm
Great Idea:)....I've been thinking of a personal project along similar lines!

Pobbs
30-08-2012, 2:16am
Okay so how do I go about getting 'sign ups'? Is this thread enough or...?

Ezookiel
30-08-2012, 11:15am
You'll need to start a thread in the Member's Challenges area I would think - http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?58-MEMBER-CHALLENGES
And then we'd probably have to either have our own threads for our own photos to just keep adding to our own thread each week, or have to come in and all add them under the thread you start. Ricktas or Kym would be the ones to ask how they'd like it to be done, but I'm pretty sure that's at least the right area to be putting the initial thread to start it off.

Mark L
30-08-2012, 8:37pm
.... in the Member's Challenges area I would think - http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?58-MEMBER-CHALLENGES

One Thing/One Week and Members Challenge 52/2012 offer you the chance to get some photos you normally mightn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Members Challenge 52/2012 Week 28.
28 2 8.

And then we'd probably have to either have our own threads for our own photos to just keep adding to our own thread each week, or have to come in and all add them under the thread you start.

I think one thread per week for people to post in is better. Saves having to reload photos we've already seen, and there may be a lot of photos over time.

Ezookiel
30-08-2012, 9:55pm
But this is still in general > f/stop

Pobbs
02-09-2012, 6:26am
Can this thread be moved please moderators? Or do you suggest I start a new thread?

Mark L
02-09-2012, 10:29pm
Hows this Pobbs ......http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?110092-Photo-Challenge-The-town-I-live-in&p=1064794#post1064794
Over to you (and others).

William
03-09-2012, 12:08pm
Hows this Pobbs ......http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?110092-Photo-Challenge-The-town-I-live-in&p=1064794#post1064794
Over to you (and others).

Yep just posted this in the new thread