PDA

View Full Version : Canon 5d MKIII and Lightroom.

GrahamS
20-08-2012, 5:20pm
Hey guys.
Even thought I said I would stick with my 5D MKII after looking closely at the MKIII, particularly the greater field of view and clarity of the viewfinder of the MKIII and my ageing eyesight :o as in Portrait mode the readout in the viewfinder seems to disappear and i have to use the back LCD, then its on with the glasses and in bright sunlight that is a real pain, after checking a friends MKIII I don;t have that problem so it looks like i may be making the jump to a MKIII. Obviously all the other improvements are a large added bonus also :)
What Im curious about is that I have been reading that the new MKIII is not compatible with Lightroom, I understand LR3 not working but what about LR4? Has Adobe fixed the issue of importing Raw files into LR4 now or are people still using a workaround?
Info on the net seems to be out of date or full of contradictions so i thought I'd ask those of you with a MKIII how you are going with this issue.
Cheers for any help.

etherial
20-08-2012, 6:19pm
Hi Graham, I have a 5D3 and am using LR4.1 with no issues at all. Everything works perfectly, no work-around needed.

I believe LR4.0 didn't support the 5D3 but the 4.1 update added support. Refer here: http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2012/05/lr41nowavailable.html

GrahamS
20-08-2012, 6:48pm
Thanks so much for the reply, that is fantastic news, so i suppose its off to the Bank Manager to grovel for more money for theMKIII!!!!!
Many thanks again.
Cheers.