PDA

View Full Version : Darryl Kirby Intro

kirbyco
09-08-2012, 7:21pm
Hi,
My name is Darryl Kirby and reside in Kangaroo Flat near Bendigo , Victoria.
I have been interested in photography as a hobby for many years and now that I am spending less time at work these days I am looking forward to getting into the photography in a more serious manner.
My interests are principally Natural History and the Outdoors in general so my photos tend to landscapes & wildlife principally birds. I have done a few trips to various parts of this amazing country of ours and got some brilliant pics of Central Aust.
I am far from savvy on this forum/social networking stuff so please excuse for the ignorance.
I own a Sony A77 and an A 350 for a spare. My lenses are Tamron 17-50mm, Tamron SP AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 DiII wide angle, Sony G Series 70-400mm, F4-5.6 telephoto and a Sony SAL100M28 Macro. Very impressed with the A77 especially in some of the results of biord pics I have achieved.

Regards
Darryl K.:)

fess67
09-08-2012, 7:37pm
G'day Darryl,

Welcome to the site. I think you will fit in well given your preferred genre. You will also find lots of advice.

Post 1 or 2 at a time to get targetted feedback.

I like #1 and #2. Interesting, well exposed and in focus.

The other struggle as they are not in focus.

ricktas
09-08-2012, 7:37pm
Welcome aboard. Nice intro set. Looking forward to seeing some up in the critique forums and seeing your critiques of others work too. Enjoy the site

ameerat42
09-08-2012, 7:41pm
Hi Darryl and welcome aboard.
Well, you're half-savvy already, because the forum is not "social networking", AND, you've managed to post pics first up.

Keep posting and interacting and you'll be right. These pics are interesting, but they're in the Intro forum, so won't be up for CC and appraisal.
For that, post in the other forums.

Good to see you're keen.
Am.

kirbyco
09-08-2012, 8:46pm
G'day there fess 67,
Thanks for the feedback, I'm still finding my way around this forum and enjoying it!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Am,
This sort of stuyff is helpful!!

Kym
09-08-2012, 9:41pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

rwg717
09-08-2012, 11:03pm
Hi Darryl and welcome to AP:)
Richard

Wayne63
10-08-2012, 7:04am
Welcome to AP Darryl, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your work in the forums.

Warren Ackary
10-08-2012, 8:01am
Welcome Darryl.. enjoy the forums (no matter how long it takes to find your way around).

You will have fun but post a few images for C&C (see above link) :th3:

Mark L
10-08-2012, 7:43pm
G'day and welcome to AP Darryl.

I am far from savvy on this forum/social networking stuff so please excuse for the ignorance.

Most good things take time and it's worth investing a little time to get used to things here.
This was the first "proper" forum I joined in with and it's been a rewarding experience. I'm sure I don't know what I'm going on about most of the time, but others here generally done seem to notice (or mind). :)
So don't worry, and get involved. :th3:

Bennymiata
10-08-2012, 9:52pm
Weclome Darryl, and it looks like you've made a good start.

Mathy
11-08-2012, 7:30pm
Welcome, I liked your photos, enjoy AP And I look foward to voting on some of your pics, cheers Deb

xxdrakexx
13-08-2012, 3:47pm
hi and welcome to AP