PDA

View Full Version : finding exif data on a photo on a mac without using lightroom

rossco
05-08-2012, 12:43pm
Sorry if this thread exists but i could not find it, how can i view exif data on a photo on a mac without using a editing program, many thanks in advance

soulman
05-08-2012, 1:47pm
All Macs come with a general pdf & image viewer called Preview. This displays EXIF data. Just open the image in Preview, select "Show Inspector…" from the Tools menu and you will find the EXIF tab under "More Info"

anon
05-08-2012, 1:56pm
I'm a windows user, so I don't know, but perhaps a google search along the lines of "exif data mac preview" might give you some answers?

Regards,
Anon

:D

Looks like I was beaten by someone who does know.

Mathy
08-08-2012, 12:06pm
In iPhoto, when you select a picture, there should be an "I" in the bottom right hand corner of the program pane. This displays the EXIF data for the pic. Also the pic is on the desktop, right click and choose "Get Info", cheers Deb

Ventureoverland
12-08-2012, 7:42pm
Or, if your asking about how to view the EXIF info on pictures when looking at them in Safari, just goto the Apple website and search for Safari plugins. There's a good plugin to do just that.

HTH
Jon

Sent using Forum Runner

ameerat42
12-08-2012, 8:13pm
This link (http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Internet-Utilities/EXIF-Viewer-Chrome-Safari.shtml) says "Exif viewer fro Safari and Chrome" in its spiel.

Who knows? It might be what you're looking 4.
Am?

rossco
13-08-2012, 10:01pm
all learned up, thanks for all the help