PDA

View Full Version : 60D 'err 80'

Schy
04-08-2012, 6:25pm
hi,

i was trying out the 70-200 earlier and while shooting, the camera froze and on top LCD it said 'Err 80'

i removed the sd card, batteries and then put them all in again then the camera was fine again.. should i be concerned? have it checked out or wait a while if it happens again?

ricktas
04-08-2012, 6:57pm
Found on the web:

ERR 80: SHUTTER

DESCRIPTION: This error occurs in the following conditions. 1) When the EOS 60D's self-check system detects that the shutter has not been fully charged (ready to shoot). 2) When the EOS 60D's self-check system detects that the shutter operation sequence has not been completed correctly. 3) When the built-in flash cannot be recharged after the E-TTL preflash but before the main exposure. REMEDIAL MEASURE: Try clearing the error by turning the main power switch OFF and then back ON. If this does not solve the problem, have the EOS 60D examined by a qualified service technician."

Schy
04-08-2012, 7:29pm
thanks for that Rick!

weird though, this is what i found from searching and it didn't say anything about shutter :(

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/8200845000.html
http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/8200845000.html

both are showing the same page..

Err 80 -
Malfunctions related to the electric control or images have been detected.

ricktas
04-08-2012, 8:17pm
I think we are getting the same answer. Both seem to be related to electrical systems being ready etc.

anon
04-08-2012, 9:38pm
From memory I had similar errors playing with a friends canon, after shooting for a while when i'd shoot a few frames in quick succession the camera would stop and report an error, (I think it was 80)... in the end I worked out that the camera did not like the drain on the battery caused by shooting successive frames rapidly when the battery was already low. In my case I think the lack of power impacted on the mirror movement...

Seems to overlap a bit with the info above,

Might be worth charging the battery if problems persist...

Regards,
Anon.

EuroFire03
01-09-2014, 8:22am
I found a solution to the Canon 60D Error 80! After trying pulling the battery out and the camera kept turning on then after 5 seconds displaying Error 80, I tried taking out the memory card and it didn't do the error. If I put in the memory card it would do the error 80 again.

So, I formatted the memory card in another camera and no more problem now! :)