PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Updates on a Mac

nogi
01-08-2012, 11:35pm
How are fellow Mac users updating their camera firmware? I can't find any OSX versions of the canon firmware update tool.

Schy
02-08-2012, 1:25am
i havent done any firmware updating, but from what ive read before i think you just have to download the file then transfer the file to your SD card/CF card then put the memory card to your camera and update the firmware on the camera itself..

anyone can correct me if im wrong..

here is a video for reference
http://youtu.be/wNbOINYZx5M

ricktas
02-08-2012, 7:23am
That is how it works for Nikon. You download the file, copy it to a 'clean' memory card, put the memory card in your camera and select firmware update from the camera menu. It is not computer OS reliant.

Have a good read of the instructions that come with your firmware upgrade file, or on the download page from Canon

Ventureoverland
02-08-2012, 8:56am
That is how it works for Nikon. You download the file, copy it to a 'clean' memory card, put the memory card in your camera and select firmware update from the camera menu. It is not computer OS reliant.

Have a good read of the instructions that come with your firmware upgrade file, or on the download page from Canon

This is also how it works for the older Canon's. My 5D mkiii however has Mac osx firmware upgrade tool. Not sure when the transition was made though.

Edit:
You need to look a bit harder... Google is your friend:
http://support-au.canon.com.au/contents/AU/EN/0400055102.html

Sent using Forum Runner

nogi
02-08-2012, 9:05am
Thanks folks, I'll do some more digging. It's for a 60D which is still running the same firmware since day 1.

Schy
03-08-2012, 1:05am
Same as rick said.. Just copy the file to the memory card and update the firmware in the camera itself..

Bennymiata
03-08-2012, 3:57pm
Just make sure that the downloaded file isn't zipped.
If it is , then unzip it first on your computer, then load it onto a card.
The camera can't unzip files.

soulman
05-08-2012, 2:29pm
You can also use the EOS Utility, which is free with all EOS cameras. Canon provide instructions for the different ways of doing it on the download page. It's pretty straightforward either way.