PDA

View Full Version : Is it my printer ink?

SandyD
01-08-2012, 9:25pm
Hi everyone, I'm back from my holidays and keen to learn more from you guys, so I've got a problem with my pictures. They started out ok but now they are coming out looking a bit green :(. I have a Canon Pixma MP610 printer and I have a few inks running low (Cyan, Yellow both blacks) . Ususally when the ink runs low I don't have any issues and the printer will stop until I change it. So I was just wondering if that would be the problem?

Cheers Sandy

ricktas
01-08-2012, 9:28pm
Is your monitor calibrated? - http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?163-Colour-Management

It could be that your screen is not calibrated so what you think is right on your screen, isn't. It could be the printer, it could be the ink, it could be the paper...you need to eliminate each thing in the process as the cause and eventually you will find what is causing it, and can then fix it.

ameerat42
01-08-2012, 9:41pm
I also do not think it is the lowish ink levels in your printer that is doing this. They usually print blithely away and simply halt, as you said. But another thing that comes to mind is whether there is any obvious banding or the like in the output? If so, then it may be that print heads/nozzles are not working properly and may need a clean/replacing.
Am.

SandyD
01-08-2012, 10:21pm
I know it's not the paper so I think I will change the inks and see how I go from there.
Thank you