PDA

View Full Version : Some Kirra Beach Memories

mongo
30-07-2012, 12:11pm
Some miscellaneous stuff from Mongo’s visit to Kirra earlier this year. There are no serious images in this lot (all shot as Jpegs) and have posted them mainly for fun and good memories until Mongo reappears at Kirra next year.

Mongo reacquainted himself briefly with his old Nikkor 20mm AI-s manual lens which he had not used in at least 6 years but all that changed when he got his full frame camera. It will take some time to become fully conversant with this old friend but being able to use the hyerfocal distance focusing again is a welcomed treat.

Portrait of sunrise stalker - William. Perhaps it should be in "mug shots" :D

Mrs Mongo photographing the delights of the late afternoon

A moody , unusually coloured image of the Gold Coast in the distance

There was a full moon while there. After Mongo had finished his usual baying at it for a while from his balcony (much to the disillusionment of neighbours), he thought, " There is a 400mm in his bag. Maybe he should try and be useful and attempt some quick shots of the moon". Mongo tried his own advice.

aussiepomm
30-07-2012, 12:44pm
Love the series Mongo, and No's 1, 3 and 5 are my fave's...

1. The clarity and passiveness of the shot, reflects the 'mood' of the setting sun, and the whimsical nature of the clouds... Stunning!

3. Similar to above, and Mrs. Mongo looking, longingly, into the setting sun... Lovely again!

5. The moon is, simply put, breathtakingly beautiful, clear and wanting me to get out my gear for some more lunar fun!!

Thanks for digging out your old lens; it was well worth it, for us at least!

Mary Anne
30-07-2012, 12:47pm
Wonderful images Mongo, and its nice to meet Mrs Mongo :scrtch:I wont say anything about the rear end of :umm: Bill

mongo
30-07-2012, 1:05pm
Love the series Mongo, and No's 1, 3 and 5 are my fave's...

1. The clarity and passiveness of the shot, reflects the 'mood' of the setting sun, and the whimsical nature of the clouds... Stunning!

3. Similar to above, and Mrs. Mongo looking, longingly, into the setting sun... Lovely again!

5. The moon is, simply put, breathtakingly beautiful, clear and wanting me to get out my gear for some more lunar fun!!

Thanks for digging out your old lens; it was well worth it, for us at least!

big thanks Bernie for taking the time to let Mongo know what you thought of all this and in suck a delightfully enthusiastic way too

Maezyra
30-07-2012, 1:05pm
I know these aren't up for critique, but they are really beautiful... Not so sure about William's "mug-shot" though!! :lol: Poor William!! Good thing he didn't have a hole in his pants or something like that!

mongo
30-07-2012, 1:07pm
Wonderful images Mongo, and its nice to meet Mrs Mongo :scrtch:I wont say anything about the rear end of :umm: Bill

thanks Mary Anne and very politic of you not to comment on Bill's best profile (Mongo is dead once he reads this stuff !)

- - - Updated - - -

I know these aren't up for critique, but they are really beautiful... Not so sure about William's "mug-shot" though!! :lol: Poor William!! Good thing he didn't have a hole in his pants or something like that!

Erin.....:lol: :lol:

Marika
30-07-2012, 2:28pm
Oh Mongo, gorgeous memories, I can see why these are not up for critique, it looks like a special place, and that a special time was had.
#1 an 3 for me :)

beeps
30-07-2012, 2:45pm
We hope Mongo can run fast when William sees the Mug shots. We don't want to lose Mongo or have him suffer some unfortunate accident.:D

William
30-07-2012, 4:52pm
Your Dead Mongo!!, Revenge is sweet :D William does'nt mind a mug shot , But William feels he has been taken advantage of in this pose :eek:

Hey Mongo , All's good , Great series mate , Some good memories to hold you over for the year :p

mongo
30-07-2012, 5:51pm
Oh Mongo, gorgeous memories, I can see why these are not up for critique, it looks like a special place, and that a special time was had.
#1 an 3 for me :)

many thanks Marika

- - - Updated - - -

We hope Mongo can run fast when William sees the Mug shots. We don't want to lose Mongo or have him suffer some unfortunate accident.:D

thanks Brian and unfortunately, judging by Williams pretty much expected reply.......you are right ! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Your Dead Mongo!!, Revenge is sweet :D William does'nt mind a mug shot , But William feels he has been taken advantage of in this pose :eek:

Hey Mongo , All's good , Great series mate , Some good memories to hold you over for the year :p

Does this mean Mongo would be unwise to announce the time and place of his next entry into kirra ???? :D

Mongo thinks you are a very good sport William and Mongo should be ashamed of himself. So , he will very happily buy you lunch and a beer to make up for it - then you can kill him :eek:

Mark L
30-07-2012, 9:03pm
Apart from a few stray birds, I can't see to much eating material in these photos. So there was either a lot of pre-photo snacking, or someone was very hungry after taking these.

mongo
30-07-2012, 9:52pm
............. So there was either a lot of pre-photo snacking, or someone was very hungry after taking these.

OR both !
thanks Mark :p

Allie
31-07-2012, 12:21am
Mongo, to me these have the lovely feeling of a relaxing holiday with great memories - I think it is the light and time of day, thanks for sharing them.

jgknight
03-08-2012, 12:56am
A beautiful series and well enjoyed Mongo. Thanks for posting these.

leanne0333
03-09-2012, 9:42pm
Love no 1! Really like the reflections of the clouds and the detail in the clouds themselves is great!

bouwy
06-09-2012, 8:48am
Nice series....I like all of them. Well done