PDA

View Full Version : Delighted to have found this forum!

Mojo
29-07-2012, 5:39pm
Hi, I'm from Kings Cross, Sydney, and came across this forum by accident. I'm so glad I did!

Many, many years ago I was very interested in still photography. My work has been video editing/production, and it kind of took over. I was fortunate to have started in the age of analogue, then was one of the first wave of professionals to go through the change over to non-linear digital editing.

Now I've recently rediscovered my early love of still photography. I don't have good equipment yet, just a basic camera, but it still takes pics! I thought I'd wait a bit before rushing in to buy a good digital SLR.

As an amateur photographer I used to be ok with the basics, but my pictures were all a bit uninspiring. I tended to be locked into traditional ideas about composition, colour etc. Now, coming back to still photography, I hope I can be more adventurous and expressive in what I see through the lens and capture in pixels!

But first, lots of learning to do, and this forum seems to be a great place to start! :)

ricktas
29-07-2012, 5:58pm
Welcome aboard. see you on the forums

WhoDo
29-07-2012, 6:16pm
Welcome aboard, Mojo. We have all types here from brand new beginners to full time professionals and pretty much everything in between. Everyone is here to help and be helped in one way or another. Never underestimate what that wealth of video editing experience can bring to this field, and don't be afraid to speak your piece. All we ever ask is for respectful opinions and sharing in the same spirit. Jump in with whatever your P&S helps you to capture and only move on to something else if you find it is limiting your expression. There is no gear snobbery here, despite some good-natured jibes between the Canon and Nikon crowds. :th3:

AVALANCHE
29-07-2012, 7:40pm
Welcome! I live and work near the city too. Post up some photos. :)

Kym
29-07-2012, 8:52pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ameerat42
29-07-2012, 9:21pm
...and came across this forum by accident. I'm so glad I did!...

A happy accident, then. Welcome aboard, Mojo.
You won't get too lost here.
Am.

Mary Anne
29-07-2012, 9:36pm
Hello :action66: and Welcome to AP.. You will like it here we are a friendly and helpful group of Folks :th3:

Wayne63
30-07-2012, 6:39am
Welcome to AP, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums.

Mojo
30-07-2012, 8:38am
Thanks for the welcome. :)