PDA

View Full Version : 7lb Trout 25 years ago..

Duane Pipe
27-07-2012, 9:08pm
I haven't landed a trout this big since. So I thought I would show off my trophy that
I landed on the banks of the Rawson lake It weighed in at 7lb x 23"long:th3:
I dragged him out from cover with the first cast using a Silver Wobbler, how do I know! Because
I could see the huge wake behind the lure and it was in no hurry to strike.
So I cast to the same spot And WHAMO .The lazy basted rolled on its side and rode
the waves in It was a disappointing fight but a good fish:party6:
I hope you like.....

Scanned from a photo:)
http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/SwearBear2/trout.jpg

Yeah I know my fly is down But can you blame me:D

WhoDo
27-07-2012, 9:09pm
Geez, Dave, now that's why they call it "fly" fishing I guess! :lol:

Duane Pipe
27-07-2012, 9:12pm
Geez, Dave, now that's why they call it "fly" fishing I guess! :lol:

lol I was happy Waz:lol2:

geoffsta
27-07-2012, 9:22pm
I know what Waz was on about. Hey dave.. Have they revoked your licence to sell sausages...
Lovely fish, well caught.

EDIT:
Did I mention the MULLET :D

Mark L
27-07-2012, 9:42pm
:scared:

Duane Pipe
27-07-2012, 9:49pm
lol Geoff. Snags are out but Mullet are in :th3:

A pic from today in the new Kayak.
Although I do have shoulder injuries I find that a gentle paddle is good for, not only the exercise I also like it for the relaxation:)

http://i1023.photobucket.com/albums/af351/SwearBear2/006-1.jpg

WhoDo
27-07-2012, 10:41pm
Gee, Dave, what a lovely spot to take a photograph. Those clouds look good enough to eat! :th3:

- - - Updated - - -

I know what Waz was on about. Hey dave.. Have they revoked your licence to sell sausages...
:lol: Must have been a decent sized worm to catch one that big, Geoff!!! :eek:

geoffsta
27-07-2012, 11:33pm
Great shot above Dave. Although I think the clouds might have too much contrast in them.... They look a little dicky :lol:
Oops.... Sorry I must fly :D

Lance B
28-07-2012, 12:00am
Wow, great fish and a excellent photo from on the boat!

Thank you for your story.

mongo
28-07-2012, 12:03am
Mongo doesn't know what is more outrageous - the 7lb trout or your fashionably revealing pants ??!! :lol:

Darn nice fish though. Biggest Mongo ever caught was a brown trout in NZ in the late 70's was close to 6lbs. BTW - that was with his pants on - no telling what Mongo could catch with them off :rolleyes:

Duane Pipe
28-07-2012, 6:04pm
Great shot above Dave. Although I think the clouds might have too much contrast in them.... They look a little dicky :lol:
Oops.... Sorry I must fly :D

:lol::lol: You Knuckle head Geoff :lol2: I did bump the clouds a bit as I think they are the best feature in the shot;)

geoffsta
28-07-2012, 6:10pm
:lol:

I must apologize if I have offended.:(

Duane Pipe
28-07-2012, 6:18pm
Wow, great fish and a excellent photo from on the boat!

Thank you for your story.

Thanks Lance I just hope that I can better it some day. I cant wait for my next outing this time I will hit the water early for a dawn shoot. I was so relaxed in the yak that I for got that deepest spot is 300ft:eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Mongo doesn't know what is more outrageous - the 7lb trout or your fashionably revealing pants ??!! :lol:

Darn nice fish though. Biggest Mongo ever caught was a brown trout in NZ in the late 70's was close to 6lbs. BTW - that was with his pants on - no telling what Mongo could catch with them off :rolleyes:

Nice size trout too Mongo I just hope that it had a bit more go in it than mine;) I recon it would have dragged every inch of line off the spool when it spotted you:D

fenderstrat1963
29-07-2012, 5:35pm
That's some fish! I've never caught anything that size but I have good memories of surf fishing for taylor with my Dad when I was much, much younger. It was usually too cold for "fly" fishing too :)

fishographer
29-07-2012, 6:06pm
Yeah I know my fly is down But can you blame me:D

Wouldn't have anything to do with the pants being that tight would it.....:D

Dont be too embarrassed about the fashion....there are places in down here in Tassie where people still dress that way.....:eek:

I love old fishing pictures, so far removed from the staged "grip and grin" shots we all do these days.