PDA

View Full Version : Yongnuo yn-565ex Flash battery drain

nogi
26-07-2012, 12:59pm
Are there any other Yongnuo yn-565ex flash users here? I recently bought as an interim flash on impulse to help improve my macro photography (I’m planning on getting the Canon mt-24ex soon). The flash works great except it’s chewing through batteries. I’ll take 10 – 20 shots and the batteries are no longer capable of charging the flash. The flash just beeps and powers down. I’m currently using those large Energizer AA packs you get at Woolies. I can send back to China for repair but want to first confirm that this isn’t the expected behaviour.

Seabee
26-07-2012, 2:29pm
I have never had a problem with my Yongnuos although they are earlier models! I seem to get hundreds of shots from mine and I use either the eneloop rechargeables or the Varta brand from Bunnings which are very cheap to buy for large packs!
Other than that I am not much help :(

Papou
26-07-2012, 5:22pm
Nup, havent had that problemo either, been rather happy with my flash to daten fingers crossed it will stay that way:).

Kerry
26-07-2012, 11:25pm
I'm having the same problem with my Yongnuo 460..am using Duracell rechargables..was going to try other batteries and see how I go..

nogi
27-07-2012, 7:41am
Thanks for the replies. I made a mistake on my initial post, it's not standard Energizers that I am using, it's the Eveready's that come in the 20 pack. I bought a pack of 2200mA Energizer NiMh rechargable batteries last night and will give them a try too.