PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a bag for home storage please

nogi
26-07-2012, 12:53pm
Hi All,

I currently have a Crumpler 3 Million that I use with my camera when I’m out and about but have a range of gear at home that’s all over the place. Looking for recommendations on a not so expensive bag that could hold a 60D with single kit lens, nifty fifty lens, 100mm L macro lens and a future flash purchase which will be the MT-24EX. The bag will rarely leave the house, it’s more for keeping it all together neatly at home. Oh and there is a good chance I’ll get another lens at some stage.

thank you in advance,
NoGi

livio
26-07-2012, 1:00pm
This is always a good question I had similar problems, I ended up making a box with a take off lid held in place using a $2.00 latch from Bunnings. I went to Clark Rubber to get some foam matting and I created spots for each piece of equipment. It keeps everything together and the wife has stopped complaining so it wins both ways

Kind Regards
Livio

WhoDo
26-07-2012, 6:44pm
I could be wrong but current thinking says that you shouldn't store your gear in dark places for long periods. It encourages mould and mildew that are deadly to photographic gear. As long as you can keep them relatively dust free, the idea might be a glass-fronted cabinet or bookcase - let's light in, and helps to minimise dust. See "Why lenses get fungus" (http://reviews.ebay.com.au/Why-lenses-get-fungus-and-how-to-avoid-it?ugid=10000000014608433) for some storage advice.

kiwi
26-07-2012, 6:58pm
Is fungus a modern day issue ?

hectic3
26-07-2012, 9:08pm
Is fungus a modern day issue ?

If you live up in Queensland and the humidity is pretty high, perhaps. If you live in Melbourne, perhaps not.

nogi
27-07-2012, 7:43am
Interesting ideas guys. I have a 2 and 4 yr old that venture into the study at times so I am looking more for a bag type case that is easily portable if required.

kiwi
27-07-2012, 4:18pm
Go to bunnings and get a tool box that has foam cut outs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mickello
10-09-2012, 7:27pm
Hi, yep fungi are still around. I keep all my gear in a biggish plastic box, with a silica gel pack that turns orange when it needs drying. Seems to be working...and it keeps everything together.