PDA

View Full Version : Need help with printing (photos that are cropped not printing correctly)

ice
20-07-2012, 10:38am
Hey Guys

I ordered some prints through snapfish the other day- and whilst that was great, and I was really happy with the quality, I forgot that a few of my photos are actually cropped and are not "standard sizes" - so the enlargements I ordered for these photos arrived horribly cropped.

I'm just wondering what the best way is of ensuring the whole photo gets printed? Do i have to resize it in photoshop? I use CS5.

This is the photo I wanted printed:

ricktas
20-07-2012, 11:30am
When you select the crop tool you can click next to the tool at the top and choose an aspect ratio, then crop to get your photo cropped to the right dimensions.

Art Vandelay
20-07-2012, 12:40pm
If you're doing a non standard size you can also get it printed on the next size up, to match at least the longest dimension of your photo then trim it yourself.

Have never used snapfish, but didn't it have something like a viewing window or crop box to check your image fits the dimensions of the print size you selected ?

Mark L
20-07-2012, 8:49pm
If you're doing a non standard size you can also get it printed on the next size up, to match at least the longest dimension of your photo then trim it yourself.

You have to fit to what dimensions they print. Art's is a good suggestion.

FWIW since you have Canon, DPP is fairly easy to crop with (including custom crop). Go into Tools >Start trimming then select from drop down in Aspect ratio.