PDA

View Full Version : Timer remote for 5D mark III

Regnis
13-07-2012, 10:19am
Hi guys,

just wondering if anyone has purchased a timer remote for the 5d mark III yet? If so where did u get it?

I came across this one on eBay... http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/260991080679?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

It says 5d mark III in the title but does not list it in the 'Models and Compatible Cameras' section below.

Want it before i head to Kakadu in a month

cheers
adam

Bennymiata
13-07-2012, 10:46am
I got a Hannel RF unit from DCW for around $90.
Works really well and has all the features you need like timer remote, long distance wireless remote, bulb function, time lapse etc etc.

The unit comes with 2 leads so it's suitable for all Canon cameras.

Redfox
28-07-2012, 2:21pm
I'm also looking for a remote that can do intervals, I had a look online at the Hahnel Giga T Pro II which seems good for the price but I know next to nothing about remotes at the moment (this will be my first interval remote). Are there any other units I should look at?

Oh I guess I should say it's going on a Canon 5D Mk III

Bennymiata
28-07-2012, 5:44pm
You can buy the original Canon wired remote with interval timing etc at around $320.

Redfox
29-07-2012, 2:51am
Thanks Benny but I think I'll be sticking to Hahnel at the moment which cost only $90 just like you did hehe

Bennymiata
29-07-2012, 8:47pm
That's exactly why I bought one too!

Mind you, I do have a very cheap Chinese wired remote for my 60D, which also does all the right stuff, but found the wire got in the way sometimes, and when you are doing time lapse, and the wind comes up and the remote starts flailing around in the wind and shaking the camera, I thought I'd go for a wireless one this time.
The Hannel is small, and relatively cheap, and seems to work really well for me.
Good to use at parties, where you have the camera on a tripod and the remote in your pocket, then you can just press the button and take photos stealthily.