PDA

View Full Version : Farmable and frames

mkooper
09-07-2012, 3:46pm
General question. What makes a picture worth hanging on the wall and what makes a picture stay in the photo album?

And when hanging it on the wall, how do you choose the media (paper, canvas etc...), mounting/frame and flashing for the picture? How do you decide on colour, mass, detail/complexity of the frames and size of the flashing?

old dog
09-07-2012, 4:07pm
I feel that it`s really a heart thing. If you love the pic that much...just do it. Are there any rules......not according to me.

mkooper
09-07-2012, 6:52pm
You're no help what do ever, old Dog :)

ricktas
09-07-2012, 8:29pm
I get photos printed that I like. Ones that I want in my home. Most of these have some emotional connection more than being technically brilliant. They are part of my life.

How they are printed and framed depends on the content of the photo, and really the only way to start understanding which of your photos would look good on which medium is to start getting out and seeing others work, on canvas, matt, gloss, metallic paper etc and you will start to think things like 'hmm, that photo of grandma would look great on a canvas like this one'.

ameerat42
09-07-2012, 8:30pm
Sorry, but I'll be of much less help.

Now "farmable" pictures I'd just put out to pasture.
:Dm.

Boo53
09-07-2012, 9:05pm
Is there a camera club near you.

Apart from good general advice they'll probably get regular visits from frameco or the like that may help you.