PDA

View Full Version : And excited newbie

Nadyne
14-06-2012, 5:14pm
Hi Everyone
Hope I am doing this right!
I am a newbie to this site and I guess a newbie to photography, well to DSLR's that is.

I did photography at high school. Loved black and whites and messing around in the dark room. But didn't do anything with it. I moved to Melbourne shortly after and ended up posing in front of the camera, modelling for the last 7 years (and still do sometimes).

I have taken many photos with my point and shoot Panasonic Lumix. Holidays, birthday parties, hot rod shows and of family and friends. But this year I decided to look into getting my first SLR. I guess our move to the country and buying our first house has really inspired me. I love walking around my small country town and seeing all the trees and blue stone building and wishing I had an amazing camera to capture all that I see.

So here I am. About to buy a Canon 7D and started working out my lenses and other bits and pieces. I've been doing a lot of research. EOS and Photo Plus magazines and of course talking with photographers I normally model for.

I know basic stuff when it comes to Photoshop but have started learning more and working on some of my old photos.

I still have so much to learn but I am excited about this new adventure I am on.

Looking forward to talking and learning with you all.

Thanks.
Nadyne

William
14-06-2012, 5:52pm
Hi Nadyne welcome to AP , You'll find we're a friendly lot around here , Best way to get started is ( As soon as you get your 7D) Start taking shots and post to the CC Forum of your choice , Looking forward to seeing some images :)

Nadyne
14-06-2012, 6:04pm
Hi William
Thanks so much! I love that there is a place that like minded people can come together to share and learn. I am very excited about this new adventure. Can't wait to start shooting!
:)

ricktas
14-06-2012, 6:27pm
Welcome to AP, See you and your photos on the forums soon

Nadyne
14-06-2012, 6:36pm
Thanks so much Rick.

rwg717
14-06-2012, 10:38pm
Cheers Nadyne, nice to have you with us.....enjoy:efelant:
Richard

Kym
14-06-2012, 10:41pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

BillB
15-06-2012, 3:46am
Welcome Nadyne!

Wayne63
15-06-2012, 6:35am
Welcome to AP Nadyne, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics soon

Nadyne
15-06-2012, 4:25pm
Thanks so much everyone for the very warm welcome.