PDA

View Full Version : Keepers

RedSky83
14-06-2012, 3:08pm
Short and sweet question; what do you do with the shots that aren't your keepers?

I'm trying to come up with a workflow and have been reading the Kelby Lightroom books, Scott suggests to make two collections - one for the keepers and one for the best/portfolio shots.

From a shoot of about 50-100 I usually come away with maybe 10 that I'm super happy with, do I just delete the rest? Is there any reason to keep them around, assuming I'm not going to try to post-process the hell out of them in order to make them better/salvageable?

Curious to see what the consensus is here.

Cris
14-06-2012, 3:26pm
I try and grade them, the ones that have no future get binned the maybe one day just hibernate on a back up disk, I only the keep the ones I like handy. Sometimes you find that something that had no future ends up handy as a background or a genre specific competition.
Cris

ricktas
14-06-2012, 6:30pm
I import into lightroom and then spend several minutes in the Library module. I go from photo to photo and hit X on any I don't want to keep. Then after viewing all the import, I delete all the rejected (X) photos.