PDA

View Full Version : Hello :)

SamanthaB
10-06-2012, 11:30am
I've taken photographs in some way/shape or form ever since I was 10! I started out with those disposable cameras you could buy at the checkout in woolies before moving on to some longer lasting compact cameras! The last compact (which I still own) being the canon powershot G11. I have well and truly moved on from the days of point and shoot and now use a Canon 5D Mark II (always in M or Av ;)) and while I don't have a 1/4 of the experience many of you have on here I believe I'm finding my feet relatively quickly and have developed somewhat of a unique style! I adore capturing real emotions and so people and pets are a passion of mine to capture. No doubt I will get some valuable advice and critique from you all along the way which can only benefit me and my images :O)

Other stuff about me... I'm a nurse (critical care), own 2 dogs and a neurotic cat, I'm based in Brisbane with my lovely partner and I LOVE peanut butter chocolate ice-cream :O)

Oooo and I love my lensbaby... any dreamy/distorted and occasionally macro images are taken with my lensbaby!

norwest
10-06-2012, 12:15pm
Welcome. Pull up a stump and enjoy. Peanut butter chocolate ice-cream ?:crike:

Mary Anne
10-06-2012, 1:53pm
Hello Samantha and Welcome to AP.. See you on the Macro Forum :th3:

Kym
10-06-2012, 3:21pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

SamanthaB
10-06-2012, 9:15pm
You haven't lived until you've tried peanut butter chocolate ice-cream (well unless you're allergic to nuts/lactose intolerant... probably a good idea to avoid it then ;))
Cheers for all of the welcoming comments :)

Allie
10-06-2012, 9:55pm
Welcome to AP, Samantha, I look forward to seeing some of your photos. I also love icecream, but the peanut butter flavoured type not so much ... however, of course, that leaves more for you! :lol:

jasonmal
10-06-2012, 11:46pm
Welcome. It s a great site, lots to see and learn. Cheers, Jason.

Wayne63
11-06-2012, 8:10am
Welcome to AP, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Pup
11-06-2012, 8:11am
Welcome Samantha enjoy your time at AP and we look forward to seeing you work.

ricktas
11-06-2012, 8:43am
Welcome. Show us some photos soon

Warren Ackary
11-06-2012, 10:55am
Welcome to AP Samantha :)

Great people in here & great advice.

SamanthaB
14-06-2012, 8:34am
Thanks everyone :D There are some pics up in the macro thread already (entitled dandelions) :)