PDA

View Full Version : Hi there from another Brisbane Newbie

RMPhoto
13-05-2012, 11:16pm
Hi All,

Just a quick post to say G'Day. I am a Brisbane based photographer, been shooting for about 12 years now and started trying to make some "pocketmoney" the last 6 years.

I used to work in a Camera Shop (Wont say which one) which helped to fund and feed my early creativity (plus supplied quite a bit of paper and cheap processing).

Since the beginning I have been a Nikon shooter, first Nikon was the F65, then my first Digital SLR was the D80, and I am now shooting with the D300s until I can afford the D800 (or I convince the Wife that I MUST HAVE IT!). At the moment I am matching the D300s with some Sigma Lenses, specifically the 17-55 F2.8 and the 70-200 f2.8 - not a bad combo really.

At the moment I am shooting a lot of TF* Models, helping some new talent try to build folios, I also shoot the odd wedding and enjoy muching around with Landscapes and various creative projects.

I use the Nikon Creative Lighting System for my external flash needs, currently using 1 x SB 900 and 2 x SB 600 - they seem to do almost everything.

My first ever SLR was my Dad's 1976, Fujica ST601 - coupled with a Fujinon 50mm Prime - this baby got me started and taught me the many many lessons of how to appreciate Film and correctly exposed images. All Manual - although it did have 1 watch battery powering the light meter.

Anyway that is my life story up to the point when I started this post. The forum looks pretty cool and I look forward to posting and chatting with you all. And to the Brisbanites hopefully will meet a few of you out and about.

Cheers,

Ross...

ricktas
14-05-2012, 6:07am
Welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing some of your photos on the forums soon.

fenderstrat1963
14-05-2012, 9:16am
Hi Ross - welcome from another Brisbanite! People here are helpful & friendly, I'm at the bottom end of the learning curve but I really enjoy spending time here - I hope you do too :)

Wayne63
14-05-2012, 9:45am
Welcome to AP Ross, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics.

Kym
14-05-2012, 11:01am
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Kel
14-05-2012, 12:25pm
Welcome to the site look forward to seeing your work around the forums

Mary Anne
14-05-2012, 12:43pm
Hi there :action66: Ross and Welcome to AP from another Brisbane Member.
I will certainly be looking forward to seeing what you post on the Forums then if you have been doing photography for 12 years.

Pinkfox84
15-05-2012, 10:14am
Welcome from another Brisbane Based Photographer :) Look forward to seeing some of your work :)