PDA

View Full Version : An Update on my H2 problem (for those who knew)

Analog6
13-05-2012, 10:41am
The two 'componnts' are not communicating. The H2 is working perfectly, the P20 ditto - BUT - if the P20 is switched on then the H2 will NOT switch on. It's a big relief to know the camera is not faulty as I am trying to raise the funds for the H4X upgrade, & it means I can do the trade up with an easy mind - it would have felt like cheating to try and do it if the H2 was faulty and I would not have gone ahead.

My Tassie friend Brett (who does amazing camera repairs) suggested it may be a secondary battery in either of the components - can anyone enlighten me if the H2 has such a battery. If so, what size and how can I get it replaced?

Any help/suggestions will be very gratefully received!

Bennymiata
13-05-2012, 8:13pm
There must be somewhere on the net that can tell you what size battery you need for the Hassy.
Have you tried Google?

Analog6
16-05-2012, 12:20pm
It is an internal battery and can only be replaced by the company. But it appears the problem is with the P20 and the fix could cost up to $2,500 as it is part of the condenser. I am actually thinking of going over to a Mamiya 645DF & Leaf back and selling all the H gear on eBay.