PDA

View Full Version : PMA / The Digital Show

I @ M
13-05-2012, 10:04am
I haven't seen much or any discussion on here surrounding the annual PMA show this year.

They have changed the name of the show side of the PMA conference and it is rather hard to find links to it on the web.

Back in Melbourne this year it opens 12 days from now, runs over the weekend and free ticket registration is available at The Digital Show (http://www.thedigitalshow.com.au/) site.

Erin
13-05-2012, 3:08pm
Yep, I'm booked in to go. Looking forward to it as a few favourite photographers are giving talks and demos.

etherial
13-05-2012, 4:18pm
Yep I booked in a few weeks ago, looking forward to it.

arthurking83
13-05-2012, 4:51pm
I've requested a meetup for this same day .... HERE (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?104311-Melbourne-Meetup)

Kind'a makes sense to make the show the centre of a meeting point for the day/afternoon/evening.

Telby
14-05-2012, 8:10am
Do they have one in Sydney?
Or is it like the other shows where it alternates locations?

etherial
14-05-2012, 8:19am
I think it alternates, the last time I went to the Melbourne one was 2 or 3 years ago, I think they've had a Sydney and maybe a Brisbane since then but I could be wrong.

Tjfrnds
14-05-2012, 10:38pm
I'm booked in too..been looking forward to it:)

etherial
15-05-2012, 7:50pm
Might have to get the AP shirt out for this one ;)

arthurking83
15-05-2012, 8:13pm
LOL! .. and here I was thinking it'll be a simple matter of just looking out for the geeks with all the camera gear!! :D
(well that ain't going to work well is it?)

AP shirt indeed! :D

FWIW: Since I was last spotted at any AP meetup, my hair has actually grown longer, as opposed to the original plan a few years ago of cutting it shorter ... so look out for the small group of birding photographers pointing their 500mm f/4's at a mobile birds nest :p

davidbro
15-05-2012, 8:29pm
thanks for the tip

charton
16-05-2012, 8:40pm
I am booked to go too.

jasevk
20-05-2012, 10:09pm
I'll be at the heartfelt stand between 10 and 12 on the Saturday... come and say hi :)

rooboy03
21-05-2012, 5:16pm
Looking forward to going!

etherial
27-05-2012, 8:27pm
Ii went down for a few hours today, really enjoyed it and caught up with a lot of very knowledgeable people who gave me some inspirational ideas. Well worth the trip!

I @ M
27-05-2012, 8:30pm
Ii went down for a few hours today, really enjoyed it and caught up with a lot of very knowledgeable people who gave me some inspirational ideas. Well worth the trip!

Aaaaah, so you did the same as me and stayed away from the Olympus and Canon "tents" in the back blocks Mic?

Just kidding mate, it was a pretty good event. :)

etherial
27-05-2012, 8:49pm
LOL, I can say I went no-where near the Oly stand, but I did enjoy some of the Nikon presentations.

The best one I found was some random guy at one of the gear stands doing a presentation about using off-camera flash. Had a chat to him afterwards and got some little nuggets of info.

Must admit some of the muppets on the Canon stand didn't know their products which was disappointing. It was great that they gave easy access to their line-up of dSLR and lenses. Over three visits I got a good hour playing with the 5D3 along with an assortment of lenses. Late in the day I did manage to corner a Canon product manager (who was one of those not behind the 'sales' counter) to ask him some questions and he gave me some more meaningful answers.

MrBling
31-05-2012, 6:45pm
Managed to check it out, caught some of the Joe Mcnally presentations etc some cool new gizmos there but over all bit on the "small" side.

Warren Ackary
31-05-2012, 8:27pm
I didnt go due to distance (from NSW to Vic).. loved the PMA last year and spent the weekend hekping out Blackrapid and sometimes ThinkTANK..
Unfortunately missed Jasin Bolands chat.. hear he did a video chat down Melb for this one as he is oversea'sshooting for a few films at the moment.