PDA

View Full Version : Photography theif exposed

jasevk
11-05-2012, 11:30am
It never ceases to amaze me, that some photographers are comfortable to blatantly steal other peoples work, and pose it as their own. Here's (http://www.examiner.com/article/the-picture-of-dishonesty-social-media-slaps-down-a-wedding-photo-faker) another example of this...

mikew09
23-05-2012, 6:15pm
Refletion of the persons character I say.

Kerrie
23-05-2012, 6:45pm
The beauty of being a beginner...I think I'm safe from that ...for now :)

Ezookiel
23-05-2012, 9:48pm
Got to be a bit hard to explain to customers she won from her webpage, why the images on her webpage were so good, when the ones she took of their wedding weren't so good.

ApolloLXII
24-05-2012, 5:20am
The positive from this story has to be how quickly she got jumped on by other photographers calling for her to own up to her deceit. Just goes to show that, on the internet, you can run but you can't lie.

sunny6teen
24-05-2012, 7:08pm
I see the business is still operating...I guess fraud is meaningless in some industries ;)

Andrew.S
24-05-2012, 9:52pm
I know the feeling, I found that one of my photo won first place in the photo comp. When I informed the company running the show that it was not there photo I never heard back from them.

Not worth the stress as it was a good photo that I still use in the media packs.

I believe in karma :)

Lantern
31-05-2012, 3:24am
The audacity of some people astounds me.

LJG
31-05-2012, 7:16am
The fact she took so many other peoples work just makes me shake my head. Did she do no work of her own that was worth putting up? Imagine seeing such good work on her website, employing her thinking you were getting the best, then finding out you brought a pig that couldn't take or process photos. Geez. I'm glad they pounced on her. I bet she copped an earful from hubby haha

SirLozalot
31-05-2012, 7:57am
Whilst I in no way approve of what the thief did, and believe she thoroughly deserves the backlash that occurred, I feel I must give her some credit for having the courage to so quickly publicly & unconditionally apologizing. A lot of people in her situation would have either not cared, or shut down the sites and hid.

jasevk
31-05-2012, 1:10pm
Whilst I in no way approve of what the thief did, and believe she thoroughly deserves the backlash that occurred, I feel I must give her some credit for having the courage to so quickly publicly & unconditionally apologizing. A lot of people in her situation would have either not cared, or shut down the sites and hid.

Too little too late for me, unless she attached a sorry letter to a cheque :P

SirLozalot
01-06-2012, 7:49am
Yeah, I agree, a sorry letter in form of cheque to those she ripped off would be a better solution.