PDA

View Full Version : Hi from a Pom

Pixor
27-04-2012, 12:56pm
Hi All,

Ive just moved here from Scotland with my family, and am excited to see all the new opportunities in Australia. I'm mostly a landscape and architectural photographer, but I was developing a passion for street photography while working in Edinburgh.

Unfortunately, my modest Canon DSLR gear is in a container on the high seas, but I managed to fit a FujiFilm X100 into my flight luggage :th3: .

We are living in Sydney for the moment, but hope to buy in the lower Blue Mountains - a beautiful area, and somewhere my Australian wife has lived before.

I hope to see some of the fantastic landscapes in this country - so different from the rural English countryside I grew up in.

Im hoping also to get involved in any meet ups that may go on in my area. It feels like a long time since I've had any fellow 'togs to chat to.

Cheers,

Mike.

Arg
27-04-2012, 3:41pm
Hi Mike, welcome to AP. And welcome to AUS too!

There are just as many landscapes for you to explore in oz as in the old country, so plenty of fun to look forward to. Although you might not be used to the often-harsh lighting here; a few adjustments needed for sure.

ricktas
27-04-2012, 3:44pm
Welcome to AP and Australia Mike. See you on the forums soon, and hope we also get to see some of your Scottish landscapes to, cause you have stunning scenery and opportunity in your homeland!

William
27-04-2012, 3:45pm
You'll be right here Mike, Pull up a chair , Post some shots in the main forums , and your away , Welcome to AP :D

rwg717
27-04-2012, 7:47pm
Hi Mike and welcome to AP:D
Richard

Duane Pipe
27-04-2012, 7:59pm
Welcome Mick. Good choice for a locality but you need to get up higher to feel at home:th3:

Kym
27-04-2012, 9:29pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

Wayne63
28-04-2012, 7:53am
Welcome to AP Mike, Enjoy the site, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics

Pixor
01-05-2012, 6:50pm
Thanks guys!