PDA

View Full Version : Lost my way!

JoJo74
26-04-2012, 9:08pm
Hi All,

Well, I'm really into photography, but with 4 kids under 5 its sometimes hard to get on here on a regular basis... But im going to try my best!

I'm a very shy and not very confident when it comes to photography so i'm not too sure whether i'll be game enough to post anything just yet, and i'm finding just lately that the harder I try, the worse my photos seem to look!!! Do other people seem to go through phases like that??

jo.

Eberbachl
26-04-2012, 9:12pm
Don't worry about it! Post some pictures, and g(r)o(w) from there.

They're a very friendly and helpful bunch around here. C'mon, let's see something!

:D

Epoc
26-04-2012, 9:19pm
Welcome. I'm a newcomer myself and the people here are very helpful without being harsh. Your best bet is get a few images up in the Constructive Critism section. It's a great way to improve your skills and when you do put up an image that experienced people like, it feels really good and is a great boost to your confidence. :th3:

Kym
26-04-2012, 10:32pm
:gday: & Welcome Back
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

arthurking83
26-04-2012, 11:52pm
Hey Jo!
(hey, that's cool title for a song! :p)

Don't worry about the shyness factor.

I'm also very shy myself .. but that doesn't stop me posting images that people don't want to see.
Apparently I'm so shy that I can even offend and insult, all without even knowing it .. (so I'm lead to believe)

Let go, just post and don't worry .. be happy! ;)

ps. if you ever read any negative sounding crit on any image you upload, it's not directed personally to you, but to help you achieve better results next time.

That's the point of this place. We all tend to have the same nutcase affliction, and that's photography.

FWIW: this idea of being shy AND having 4 kids, sounds like two diametrically opposed philosophies to me! :D

ricktas
27-04-2012, 6:33am
Welcome back Jo

Wayne63
27-04-2012, 8:37am
Welcome Back to AP Jo, join in on the forums and look forward to seeing some of your pics

MattNQ
27-04-2012, 12:05pm
i'm finding just lately that the harder I try, the worse my photos seem to look!!! Do other people seem to go through phases like that??

I do. I think we all do. Some days I'm ready to drop the camera in the Lifeline clothing bin & forget it all.
For me, the solution (after leaving the camera alone for a few days) is to pick something to have fun with, but it doesn't matter if nothing works.
Don't pressure yourself for a result, but pick a simple subject and a technique/skill to practice - Eg. today I'll play with Depth of field and see if I can make the letterbox look more interesting than it is :D

Sounds silly, I know. But it works for me. :D