PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to the forum. Starting with rangefinder Voigtlander some 60 years ago & still learning

yarrajohn
22-04-2012, 6:34pm
Hi everyone. Rangefinder 60 yrs ago, single-lens reflex 35 years ago, digital 6 months ago.
Totally amateur. Still converting a thousand or so film negatives to digital at home. Some are 55 years old ! But still learning, and seem to be mostly into mood landscapes, and butterflies and insects. Camera is modest - Pentax Kx with kit 18-200 lens and collection of older K lenses, plus still using Ricoh film cameras.

OzzieTraveller
22-04-2012, 6:50pm
G'day John

Firstly - welcome to the forum ... you'll find an enthusiastic mob of fellow 'togs here, and all willing to view your images & share their knowledge etc

Many of us are a 'mirror' to your intro - we're old fellas, a bit crotchety, seen better days [well certainly I have] and have progressed from the world of manual cameras & film to the electronic world of digital cameras and computer editing

Regards, Phil

ameerat42
22-04-2012, 7:09pm
Hi John. Sounds like somebody I know. Welcome to AP.
Am.

ricktas
22-04-2012, 7:10pm
Welcome to AP John. Pull up a pew and join right in!

Cage
22-04-2012, 7:21pm
Welcome from a fellow Pentax shooter.

Your kit lens will give you some great shots, and some of the old K lens are classics.

Kym
22-04-2012, 7:46pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

selaw
22-04-2012, 8:21pm
Welcome to AP. Post some pics and start having fun :)