PDA

View Full Version : Faststone shuffled photos question. Can anyone help?

Geoff79
12-04-2012, 7:06pm
Sorry for starting a new thread for this, but this is killing me. My cat walked on my keyboard last night while I was in Faststone culling photos and he did some crazy IT magic and all of a sudden all my photos in Faststone can only be viewed all shuffled up. They're still in their folders, but there is no order to the photos. And I need order to select the keepers! :)

Looked all over the net and I can't find a fix to this surely amazingly basic problem.

Does anyone here know how to get the photos in my folders sorted back in chronological order? I will really, really appreciate any help anyone can give me please.

FYI, I actually deleted the program and re-installed, but they were still shuffled! This is ghastly.

Please help. :)

ameerat42
12-04-2012, 7:09pm
Define "shuffled". Consider how files are usually ordered: name, date, keywords, etc.
Do any of these or other obvious methods jump out?
(Well, at least it's a start.)
Am.

camerasnoop
12-04-2012, 7:30pm
In the middle of the screen at the top are two drop-down boxes. See the image below.

Geoff79
12-04-2012, 7:41pm
In the middle of the screen at the top are two drop-down boxes. See the image below.

Yep, that's the one! My cat had sorted the photos by size so all I had to do was sort the back to filename. Could not have been simpler.

Damn my cat for being smarter than me. HUGE thanks, Snoopy. That could have taken me years to figure out.

I @ M
12-04-2012, 7:43pm
My cat walked on my keyboard last night while I was in Faststone culling photos and he did some crazy IT magic and all of a sudden all my photos in Faststone can only be viewed all shuffled up. Please help. :)

Geoff, I am really sorry that I can't help with your prob as I don't have faststone here.

We do however have a cat that likes to play typist occasionally and I feel your pain.

Thanks for giving me one heck of a good laugh and my apologies for doing so at your expense. :rolleyes:

ameerat42
12-04-2012, 8:00pm
Wow! We're smarter than the average (I presume) cat.