PDA

View Full Version : Canon 40D problem

rizvi
06-04-2012, 10:49pm
hi, i m a new member of this forum. I bought my Canon 40D from USA 2 years ago. And I used this one occassionally so my shutter count maybe 6,000 to 7,000. But I got problem from my Canon 40D. The camera shutter is not working. Anyone has any idea how much cost for fixing this one or what is wrong with the camera ? The camera showing err 99 problem when i press the shutter button. I already tried to fix doing like change battery, memory card and even lens contact cleaning. it is same. Live view also is not working. *removed - any reference to wanting to buy gear is not allowed on AP* Is the 60D shutter mechanism same like 40D ? Can i rely on it ? Anybody has any experience about it ?

Brian500au
06-04-2012, 11:49pm
You are probably best to drop it into Canon to get a quote - it could be a myriad of things and in the end we are only guessing.

Mary Anne
07-04-2012, 12:39am
My 40D shutter died March last year and I had it replaced here in Brisbane *Repair Shop has since closed down* under the extended warranty so no idea how much it costs
The photo count on mine would be close to 100,000..

Had a focusing screen replaced in the 5D Mk11 last month under Mack extended warranty I rang > Here (http://www.cameraservicecentre.powerup.com.au/) In Sydney and was surprised to find they quoted me less than two of the Brisbane Repairers did, even with postage both ways.
I don' know if they will quote over the phone for everyone but its worth a phone call to find out..

rbat
10-04-2012, 1:09pm
I've just got the same problem on my 450D, have just dropped it in for repairs today in Adelaide. It isn't under warranty as its 4 years old. I will let you know what the repair quote is when I get it. I'm actually not sure what my shutter count is, but I have a feeling it would be on the higher side considering its age and my love of shooting 3 bracketed exposures and bird wildlife.

Bennymiata
11-04-2012, 11:10am
I've got around 50,000 actuations on my 60D, bought grey, and it is stil working perfectly.

ricktas
11-04-2012, 11:32am
The member has not been back since posting this. So I am going to assume the bit I edited out was the real reason for the thread, and close their account.

rbat
11-04-2012, 5:29pm
The member has not been back since posting this. So I am going to assume the bit I edited out was the real reason for the thread, and close their account.

Ok thanks.

I was going to post regarding the error 99 issue - I need a new shutter. Hope that helps anyone else who might be having a similar issue if not the OP.