PDA

View Full Version : Canon Service Centre Melbourne

Cam Scott
03-04-2012, 7:46pm
My 5DmkII battery grip succumbed to the dreaded stripped bush and hence was unremovable. This rendered the camera unusable as contact for the battery grip was intermittent.

I drove 40 min over to the Canon Service Centre in Mulgrave VIC.
A lovely and cheerful staff member served me and she even said "I'll see if they can fix that while you wait"...

Alas, the problem was not an immediate fix, and due to Melbourne office being overwhelmed, needed to be sent to Sydney.
Could be up to 3 weeks was the estimate.

That was last Thursday morning. Today, I received a call to tell me that my camera was fixed, new bush assembly installed and camera serviced. Ready to pickup today!
And, the best part.... grand total of $56. Fifty Six Dollars... :lol:

Anyway, my story is one of joy, surprise, and shock. Thank you Canon for swift service.

Great to know that a manufacturer can deliver great service.

darylcheshire
04-04-2012, 9:37pm
Yuk,

I googled it (I don't have the grip)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/canondslr/discuss/72157627695217648/?search=removing+grip

This guy paid 22 pounds for the part which is close to the $56 and you got the genuine Canon service and parts.

Be nice if a metal wheel can be made.

Daryl.

bricat
18-04-2012, 7:20am
What a great result. Canon to the rescue. We mostly only hear the bad so an excellant post. cheers

Kym
18-04-2012, 10:14am
It worries me that we have a thread saying a company did what it was supposed to do.

I.e. Canon service providing... wait for it... service! :confused013

Is it so rare that this does not happen? Surely this is what is supposed to be normal.

What next? ... Service from Nikon service?? Who would have thunk that? :rolleyes:
Maybe the few times I've used CR Kennedy Service (which was excellent and in my case free due to warranty)
for Pentax and Sigma service were an anomaly?
Hardly!

Granted, we do here the horror stories of when service goes wrong,
but that is because we rightly expect a company to provide what they say they will provide.

In this case the $56 charge is at best dubious under Australian consumer legislation.
I.e. you would not reasonably expect that sort of fault, unless it was caused by rough handling.
However this is another debate.

ashey
20-04-2012, 12:11am
Thats a good price for a repair like that, I have just taken my 5dmk11 and 17/40 lens in, as me and the camera went swimming Monday dose'nt look good:eek:, $158 to just look at it and give a report for the insurance company.