PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

tlh1974
30-03-2012, 3:08pm
:gday:,

I'm Tracy, from Geelong, Vic, I have always had a keen interest in photography ever since I could remember. I have just purchased my first SLR camera which is a Canon 550d, I would like to know all aspects of digital photography and how to get the best shots, and I'm hoping to do a course in it some time soon. I was also thinking about joining up with our local camera club, and maybe they could help me get the most out of my camera as well.

thanks Tracy

Wayne63
30-03-2012, 3:17pm
Welcome to AP Tracy, Enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums soon

Kym
30-03-2012, 3:38pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

selaw
30-03-2012, 3:50pm
Welcome Tracy, a club is a good way to socially intereact with likeminded toggers. Also, have a look at the meet up groups in Ausphotography for some social shoots :)

rustylongbeard
30-03-2012, 4:06pm
Hi Tracey, a whole new world is about to open up for you,just have fun.

Chris C
30-03-2012, 4:18pm
Hi Tracy,

As I long time member here (well, it seems like a long time, but I actually only joined yesterday!...... .:rolleyes: ) I can say that there is a heap of useful stuff here for newcomers like us, including what amounts to a course that you can put yourself through. If you work through the steps and exercises that have been laid out for us, you'll learn a great deal. I'm part way through now and can recommend it. Even if you're not actually new to photography but just to DSLR cameras, it seems well worth working through.

The New to Photography Book (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showlibrary.php?title=Indexes:New_To_Photography_Book)

Good luck with your photography.

Cheers,

Chris

tlh1974
30-03-2012, 4:32pm
thank you everyone for such a warm welcome, i know im going to enjoy this website, especially with all the tips, the how to's and how not to's it's going come in very handy.

best regards

Tracy

rwg717
30-03-2012, 8:46pm
Cheers Tracy and welcome to AP:D
Richard

Kel
30-03-2012, 9:15pm
G'day Tracey welcome to a great site, hope to see you around the forums