PDA

View Full Version : Not sure why I joined?

jebcar
27-03-2012, 2:38pm
Hi, I joined the group, not sure why as there are a few groups like this on the web and they are all a bit the same to me......yet to be provedn otherwise....but

My name is Judith I am into photography and have a hobby business where I mainly take sports pics. My website is *removed by site admin* and I have had my DSLR for about 3 years and before that a compact and before that a film camera!

I did a Cert IV in photoimaging in 2010 and that was the starting point but it is all learning and looking and learning and learning and learning (and did I mention learning)

Anyway other than photography I am studying nutrition.

See you in the forums.... :)

William
27-03-2012, 2:46pm
Welcome Judith to AP, The reason you joined this site is cause it's the best one :D Get involved and start posting some shots in the forums , You'll have fun and learn a thing or two :)

ameerat42
27-03-2012, 3:01pm
...You'll have fun and learn a thing or two :)...

I second William, and add this third: and so might we.
Am.

Wayne63
27-03-2012, 3:07pm
Welcome to AP Judith, Enjoy this friendly site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums soon

Milbs1
27-03-2012, 3:09pm
Welcome Judith, hopefully you will enjoy the friendliness and helpful critique and advice. Its a great forum, with some diverse and wonderful photographers.

Kym
27-03-2012, 3:25pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

raccoon
27-03-2012, 4:58pm
Judith, one of the best parts of this forum are the member get togethers (sydney meet once a month) and the new friends you meet along the way.
Try one in your local area..you will enjoy

Ezookiel
27-03-2012, 5:13pm
I know why you joined, it was so that you can share your hard earned learning about sports action photography with stuggling beginners :)
Well it's a possibility at least.
You may also continue that learning by picking up some from the others here.
They're certainly a friendly, helpful bunch, with a huge range of experience and skills that are very happy to help anyone.
Whatever the reason turns out to be, I hope you have a great time here. Dive right in and see how great this place actually is.

ricktas
27-03-2012, 5:48pm
Hi, I joined the group, not sure why as there are a few groups like this on the web and they are all a bit the same to me......yet to be provedn otherwise....but

Welcome to AP. Not sure why you joined either, when there are so many photographers doing photoimaging diploma's these days and the market is fairly much saturated with people all trying to become full time professional photographers in a decreasing market..and here is another one :D, and they are a all a bit the same to me :eek:

Hope we get to see some of your work soon.

Seabee
27-03-2012, 7:48pm
Lol...... Yep see you in the forums hopefully!
Not exactly the warmest introduction I have read, but it made me laugh.
Hope you figure out why you joined :th3::lol:

Mark L
27-03-2012, 7:48pm
So,
hello,
Judith.

ktoopi
27-03-2012, 8:26pm
:gday:Well Jebcar, what an interesting intro....this is a really friendly, fun and informative forum and you will get out of it what you put in!:) I look forward to seeing some of your images in the forums really soon!

ericimbs
27-03-2012, 9:05pm
I can safely say it's one of the finest photo communities in Oz. there were some site issues a while back, but the owners jumped on that very sharpish. i love it, I'm sure you will too.

geoffsta
27-03-2012, 9:06pm
Welcome Judith. I think most has been said above. But I'd like to welcome you as another member from our region. I live at Bruthen, and have contact with other members in Sale, and also from other areas of East Gippsland. We are a great bunch, and on the odd occasion have had a few meet ups. You are always welcome to tag a long if you wish.
You can also add your name to this list if you wish. http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/showthread.php?58771-Vic-Member-List/page9

Kel
28-03-2012, 11:51am
G'day and welcome, as to your question I have joined the others site like this and this site has been the one that has given me the most help and input to my photo, so it is the best one. I hope you enjoy it too

ricktas
01-04-2012, 6:24pm
As this member has not been back since posting their initial post at the start of this thread, and the content of that post, I have closed their AP account

Harves
01-04-2012, 7:17pm
As this member has not been back since posting their initial post at the start of this thread, and the content of that post, I have closed their AP account

Obviously joined to "Flog" her website.......:action:

ameerat42
02-04-2012, 9:54am
At least she can be sure why she is no longer here.

Seabee
02-04-2012, 11:29am
I had a feeling straight away that it was a plug for the website.
Started off very negatively and proceeded with a resume...............hmmmmmmmm, ah well takes all types!