PDA

View Full Version : Searching photos by EXIF data.

dacar
18-03-2012, 7:25pm
In response to this week's competition - is there a way of searching an entire photo library (>1000GB) for exposure lengths less than 1/1000?
Does Lightroom do this? Other packages I have tried don't and I removed Lightroom a little while ago because it was a free trial which had expired.
Is such a search built in to any other software or is there a standalone program which will do this?

I have found a workaround (it just occurred to me as I was typing this question) - I use Xplorer2 for file management. It can list files' exif data in a limited and slightly clumsy way, but I just used it to display exposure length and then I sorted the display by that column. It is difficult to do when I want t o search many subfolders, but it is a step in the direction I went to go.

Any other suggestions?

ricktas
18-03-2012, 7:28pm
See my reply to your other post asking the same question. Yes Lightroom can do this.

Epicaricacy
19-03-2012, 1:31am
Lightroom (and now that it is cheaper, even though tey ripped us Aussies off, it is definitely worth getting and learning).

> View - Show Filter Bar
> Select Metadata
> A filter can then be selected for any kind of metadata you can think of - focal length, ISO, shutter speed, Lens, camera, camera serial etc etc!

that is how I have been finding my pics for the comps that have the requirements

Cheers

13ulletz
22-03-2012, 11:03am
Definitly try lightroom :th3:

dmdigital
01-04-2012, 9:38am
If you're on Mac, Aperture will also do this. I have series of smart albums set up to keep track of EXIF data (e.g. Lens) but have looked for shutter speed in the past.