View Full Version : I think I've finally cured my chronic Photoshop phobia.

Cage
18-03-2012, 1:57pm
Other than the fairly basic stuff, I've struggled to get my head around Photoshop. :Doh:

Getting a grip on Layers, which seems to be the hub of Photoshop, has eluded me.

Until today. :efelant: :efelant: :efelant:

While surfing the net looking for a 'Mugs Guide to Layers', I came across this website.

http://www.photoshopessentials.com/basics/

Written by Steve Patterson, the tutorials are basically a step-by-step walk through, with no assumed prior skills with the program.

I can actually follow it, and am really excited to be finally using it, and seeing hoped for results.

If you, like me , have felt a little intimidated by Photoshop, these free tutorials are well worth having a look at.

rmlewis
18-03-2012, 2:26pm
Yes I have to agree that I struggled for ages until someone spent some time showing me the layers concepts and techniques. Once I got that I think I "got" the photoshop thing.

Cage
18-03-2012, 3:03pm
Yes I have to agree that I struggled for ages until someone spent some time showing me the layers concepts and techniques. Once I got that I think I "got" the photoshop thing.

Know the feeling.

I worked my way through the Layer Basics, and within 15 minutes I was wondering how the hell I'd ever had a problem with it.

I guess the way it was explained just 'clicked' with my tired old brain.

Cheers

Kevin

Roosta
20-03-2012, 4:47pm
Thanks Kev, Love it..

Cage
20-03-2012, 11:55pm
You're welcome Roosta.

That's what forums are all about. If you stumble onto something worthwhile, share it.

Cheers

Kevin

fess67
21-03-2012, 12:27am
I 'think' I get layers but I still get frustrated when trying to manipulate them. I look forward to going through these tuts, cheers

dt86vyss
21-03-2012, 8:57am
Nice and informative, especially for those struggling to get ther head around the ps concept.

old dog
21-03-2012, 10:21am
thanks for the link Kevin...will have a good look and hopefully the fog will lift a tad. :th3:

Cage
21-03-2012, 1:06pm
I've found having the tutorial open on about 1/3 of the screen, you can squish it up a fair bit without losing and info, and PS on the rest of the screen enables me to work on the photo while having access to the instructions.

Cheers

Kevin

wrxzook
21-03-2012, 4:07pm
Thanks for the link, it will keep me busy for a while.:)

pearson
21-03-2012, 9:52pm
Cool! Thanks a million

Cage
26-03-2012, 7:57pm
Thanks for the link, it will keep me busy for a while.:)

You are welcome zook.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Kevin

Cage
26-03-2012, 7:57pm
Cool! Thanks a million

Hope you get as much from it as I have.

Cheers

Kevin