PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

suncodel
17-03-2012, 12:52pm
Hi there everyone from here on the Sunny Sunshine Coast which was and is still very liquid.
Despite my age I'm relatively new to Photography.
I did have a Nikon D1H but it has decided that it only wants to work when I'm not in the mood. Usually when I'm about to sleep.
I have ( due to my lack of finances ) purchased a Nikon D3000.
I dont know why but I seem to be a Nikon tragic and I'm also accused of being Nissan crazed too.
Only during the last couple of years have I done any traveling.
I seem to have caught that bug too, as every time I see a plane up above I tend to get the travel shivers.
Travel is so exciting, I jusT love the smells, the tastes, and the sounds of different cultures.
The Middle east is my favourite place. You can Have Eastern Europe, as I like to see people smile, at least once a day.
I even miss the sound of the local Iman waking me at 4.30am with his chants. Well, the fellow in Down Town Cairo had the most wonderful voice.
Later this year I'm off to Kathmandu, Nepal with my 2 sons for a 12 day walk. So hope my camera is in good order.
We recently toured Tasmania, and what a beautiful place itis too.
Once again i got into trouble with my photography. In dark places like when we were cruising up the Arthur River with the light shining through the trees.
On overcast days I cant seem to get a light enough photo and get the clouds at the same time. Its either lovely sky and darh foreground or Good foreground and no sky.
But I do think I take great photos of the sky. HAHAHA
Anyway if anyone reads this thanks and I look forwrd to seeing your photos and hope I can share some good photos with you
Regards Leigh, Leroy or what ever you want to call me.
:scrtch:
Some of my photos ; http://suncodel.shutterfly.com/pictures/5

ozdutch01
17-03-2012, 1:19pm
hi Leigh.... enjoyed your post...envy your travel. I have signed in again to see if this site works for me. Had a lot of trouble accessing it in the past.
I am old enough to have sons who walk by themselves too... .... sorry I use a Canon. I am new to this too....have you tried photo bracketing..you know where you take three shots at the same time one underexposed one normal and one overexposed. then i think you grab the good bits from each. I hope that makes sense.:umm:
Cheers Bart......Yeah Bart.......not Simpson though.

Kym
17-03-2012, 1:28pm
:gday: & Welcome
- lets see some photos in the main CC forums (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/forum/forumdisplay.php?5) maybe try a competition or 2 and have fun!

ricktas
17-03-2012, 2:30pm
Welcome back

suncodel
17-03-2012, 11:51pm
Hi there Bart, thanks for your reply. Yes like you this is another attempt at this site, seems to be okay this time.
Although it does seem to be a big site for a young fella like me.
I'm sorry too that you use a Cannon, maybe you can upgrade to a Nikon one day, and join the professionals.
I have tried photo bracketing and I use it a lot to try and improve things, nut it is very time consuming.
Being somewhat colour blind doesn't help adjust things though.
I think I will have to try to get into b+w photos. But to get good b+w you have to take good photos first.
There is always something to do.
did you see the link at the bottom of my intro. it has some of my travel photos

regards Leigh
:scrtch:

Wayne63
18-03-2012, 6:43am
Welcome Back to AP Leigh, enjoy the site and look forward to seeing some of your pics in the forums soon