PDA

View Full Version : Pen Tablets

MiniFighter
05-03-2012, 3:17pm
Hey Guy's n Girl's,

Just wondering if anyone uses a pen tablet with Lightroom and/or Photoshop?

Any good, benefits etc? I was thinking of getting one but wanted some feedback first :)

Cheers,

Suter200
05-03-2012, 3:53pm
Hi,
I have a Bamboo Touch and Pen that I use with photo shop. I find that it is more accurate than the mouse for selecting items, though I'm left handed so I find my self holding the pen in my left to make the selections and using the mouse for the menus in my right.

MrBling
05-03-2012, 6:08pm
Used to use them, once you get the hang of it they're great and I have to say the new Intous 5 has me debating one again.

etherial
05-03-2012, 6:20pm
Yep, I have a Wacom Bamboo Fun and it is brilliant. Great for brush work in Lightroom and Photoshop, wouldn't be without it. Much more accurate and quick to use than a mouse.

MiniFighter
05-03-2012, 6:39pm
Thanks all, you've all said exactly what i wanted to hear :)

Im off to Office Works :)

etherial
05-03-2012, 6:55pm
Bought mine online, saved heaps over buying from Officeworks!

MiniFighter
05-03-2012, 8:14pm

Just got back, seems i should have phoned ahead. Only available from certain stores :o

With Officeworks resembling Bunnings size wise more and more each day i cant see why thats the case. :confused013

MiniFighter
06-03-2012, 7:19am

Im starting to think this may be the only option, after hrs of searching online stores....nothing :confused013

Price does no vary much from what i have seen. Im going to do a run into Newcastle today, any locals have any ideas where to try?

Im gonna hit up Domayne, JB HI-FI and the likes...any others?

Thanks all for the feedback :th3:

Pinkfox84
06-03-2012, 7:46am
Great thread - i was looking at getting the Wacom Bamboo Fun but didn't know what it would be like.... but now i am definitely off to get me one :) :efelant:

MiniFighter
06-03-2012, 1:54pm
Great thread - i was looking at getting the Wacom Bamboo Fun but didn't know what it would be like.... but now i am definitely off to get me one :) :efelant:

I finally found a place that had stock! (sorry for the dodgy pic)

http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o623/Dare2DreamPhotography/e993824e.jpg

Also grabbed a wireless kit for it, didnt want anymore bloody cables on the desk!