PDA

View Full Version : Fedex delivery from eGlobal charges

penguin
20-02-2012, 3:40pm
Hi I'm back and I received the email saying that eGlobal now deliver free - fair enough, but what about Fedex and their customs brokerage charges. Does anyone have any information regarding Fedex charging on their Economy Express Shipping (3-5 working days delivery)?

I've read that the Fedex International Economy Express is a brokerage inclusive service, i.e. no surprise phone call for customs clearance fees - any comments?

Also do Fedex have a value limit on a shipment where some fees are incurred; the Aus customs have the 1000 AUD limit before incurring GST and a customs processing charge; I've read Fedex and UPS have different limits - has anyone any info regarding these and eGlobal shipments of camera gear.

Has anyone been charged fees recently by Fedex?

Any actual experiences would be helpful.

Wayne
20-02-2012, 3:50pm
The above is why I am careful who I buy from, and who that seller uses for freight. Some of these brokerage charges are more than the cost of the GST you may have to pay. You can always clear it yourself, but there are a couple of forms, and still about a $47 fee for non-electronic clearances. I have done several myself, and once registered with Customs it is pretty easy.

Easier still is to choose who you buy from carefully.

penguin
20-02-2012, 4:00pm
I agree with you, the customs brokerage fees can be expensive. You suggest clearing the shipment with customs yourself; this is probably OK if you have the option. The point I'm making with Fedex and UPS is when they decide to charge you you don't have any option but to pay up so its important to know what the criteria are that they use for deciding to charge.

Any facts, real world experience of what limits they use for deciding to charge?, specifically regarding the Fedex Economy Express offering. Its OK getting the free shipping from eGlobal using this Fedex service but only if Fedex doesn't decide to charge their fees before they will deliver.

ricktas
20-02-2012, 4:11pm
Ausphotography is not the place to be asking these questions, you need to be asking EGlobal / FedEx and customs etc directly. Any advice you get here on AP is just that, personal advice.

Thread closed